Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Droxside Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 10:10 AM
    How can I attract people to my website?
    I am interested in possible doing an e-mail campaign with constant contact, but need to know where I can obtain e-mail address of people interested in my service. I would also be very interested in hearing the best ways to attract traffic to my website. Thank you all...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 3, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Getting your site into the top listings on web searches of course can drive a lot of traffic. Get and keep a "mail" list get the names of people to sign up for your mailing.
    Always_helping Posts: 76, Reputation: 15

Aug 3, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Droxside
    I am interested in possible doing an e-mail campaign with constant contact, but need to know where I can obtain e-mail address of people interested in my service. I would also be very interested in hearing the best ways to attract traffic to my website. Thank you all...
    First, I suggest looking at Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your website.

Also, register (make a listing for) your business on as many well-known websites as possible (i.e. Google, wikipedia, etc.)

May I ask: What "type" of service is this? There are probably websites were people that are interested in your type service might congregate.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 03:33 AM
    What kind of service is it that you are wanting to provide, please? It would help us best here to help you if we could know that. Most of my business that I get comes from the free ads that I have placed on the Internet.

If you would like to know how to place and word free ads on the Internet that get excellent exposure when people do searches for things, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 04:10 AM
    Always_helping agrees: Yes, I would like to know how to place and word free ads on the Internet that get excellent exposure when people do searches for things. Thanks in advance.
    Okay, thanks and no problem. The only thing that I would ask is that you post your question in the topic areas of Business Plans, Home-Based Business or Small Business, please. Doing that would help with maintaining the integrity of this thread and also be a new question other than that which the original poster on this thread may or may not be interested in knowing how to do. So far, he or she has not responded to the responses that have been given.

When you post your question, then I will answer in depth!

Thanks!
    raphaelv7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 07:31 AM
    To get more people to your website you need to first submit the website and sitemap to search engines like Google, Yahoo and msn, then you have to optimise your search using SEO techniques and tools like wordtracker and Google adwords tools. This will increase your exposure and drive more people to your website. You can do this for free or we can help you do it for just $4 including improving your website contents and design and submitting it to good search engines as well as doing search engine optimisation on it. If you want us to help you please look at our website at http://www.bizmmss.com
    raphaelv7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 07:31 AM
    To get more people to your website you need to first submit the website and sitemap to search engines like Google, Yahoo and msn, then you have to optimise your search using SEO techniques and tools like wordtracker and Google adwords tools. This will increase your exposure and drive more people to your website. You can do this for free or we can help you do it for just $4 including improving your website contents and design and submitting it to good search engines as well as doing search engine optimisation on it. If you want us to help you please look at our website at http://www.bizmmss.com
    JeffParker45 Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Mar 29, 2010, 11:42 AM

Write articles about your topic and post them in a word press blog on your site...

Then make some YouTube videos about your topic and put a link back to your site in your description... There you go... Now people have a way to get to your website and Google will rank you faster because of the word press blog...
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2010, 12:09 PM
    Old and now archived thread. Original poster also hasn't done any activity on this site since 2008. The only way that people will notice this thread is if they go to the forum topic area where it's located, or are notified that there's activity on the thread because they've already posted on it.
    Janmarie Posts: 167, Reputation: 46

Apr 6, 2010, 01:03 AM

I find that the easiest way to attract a lot of traffic to your website is joining Free Manual Traffic exchange sites. There are a lot of them out there and you can join more then one.

A Traffic exchange site is where you add your website url to their rotator and if the TE site has a huge member base you will get a lot of tem looking at your site. Basically for every 2 members sites that you view you earn views to your site. Instead of using money to purchase your advertising you are earning credits. The more you look at the members sites the more credits you earn and the more credits you earn the more your site gets seen.

If you want to generate a mailing list then you will have the most success using capture pages or splash pages offering something that a member would be interested in. Usually a free ebook or free information that is useful. On your capture pages you will have a opt in form that an interested person will add his name and email address to receive your offer.

That is the fastest and easiest way that I have used for years to build a list.
    belwet Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2010, 12:15 AM

If your site is new so you need to do work on all channels.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 01:06 AM
    Thread is now old and archived.

I have no problem getting people to notice what I post on the Internet. Don't need some fancy firm to do it for me. Costs me nothing.

Thanks!
    CURIOUS08 Posts: 84, Reputation: 3

Apr 24, 2010, 04:28 PM

The best thing you can do is build a list through any of the list builder sites. This will allow you to send out your advertisements and gain a following. Have you also tried article marketing?
    hindlist Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2010, 09:24 AM

O.k. It is a good idea but but there is a chance that people may not open unknown e mails. So it is even better if you opt for some free classified websites listing to advertise your business or website but do remember to post in the right Category/Sub Category to get unlimited responses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to attract. [ 10 Answers ]

Ok so the other night I met this basically unattainable girl who can probably get any man in the world. I know that is selling myself short and it won't stop me for trying, I just wonder how do you attract someone like that. We met the other night and had a great conversation and I am moving in...

How Much Should I charge to Teach People to Host their Own Website [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I can teach someone all the steps required to have a website. And supply them with a simple application that they can use to maintain their website. How much should I charge. Also how would I market my services. Cheers Possum..

Website to go to find out if people are married [ 2 Answers ]

What website do I go on to find out if someone is lying about being married married names:confused:

Searching for Website on People [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Recently I was involved with a close female friend, a verbal argument. She has since bad-mouthed me, Involved the police, taken me to court, claims I have stalked her, rung her, texted her, she's lied to all her friends and family & to people I work with about me and still continues to do this?...

View more questions Search