Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brooke21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 02:34 AM
    Provera and pregnancy?
    I came of the depo injection in feb of this year and had pretty good periods until June when I had bleeding and spotting for ages have had everything checked including scans everything normal so was put on a ten day dose of provera to stop the spotting and give me a normal period so I got what I call a normal period that lasted 6 days and felt really normal but I am wanting to know if it is possiable to get pregnant this month after being on provera is there still a chance I will ovulate?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2008, 05:20 AM
    It's possible... as some women will ovulate right after coming off birth control pills, but for others it takes a while for their systems to get back on track. Also, for some women, it can take a good number of months (even a year or more) to have their cycle back to normal after coming off the depo injection. Your cycle in June may have been evidence of this.
    TheBugsLife Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2008, 05:34 AM
    I got pregnant ON depo I was taking it for 6 yrs and one a yealy check up I got the shock of my life

So anything is possible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo provera? [ 7 Answers ]

It is said that depo provera is effective 24 hours after the shot is giving and the shot is usually giving on or a few days after the menstral cycle starts. Is it still effective within 24 hours if I got it two days after the end of my period? :confused:

Pregnancy after depo provera [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take for depo provera to clear from my body? I was on the injection for 3 years but my last jab was in June 06 and have been trying for another baby since (I already have 2 children)i'm still not pregnant.

Provera [ 3 Answers ]

I went to the doctor on Friday (it's a new doc for me). They did a urine test but no blood test and said I'm not pregnant. He put me on Provera for 7 days to get my cycle going again (7weeks late). He said that if I don't start in 7 days I could still be pregnant, and that taking Provera would be...

View more questions Search