Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    I agree with flash84x. The only person you need to prove anything to is yourself and possibly the next girl. Why are you worrying about proving something to your ex? It sounds like it is more revenge than living well for youself, because you said you would show up at her door in a 2-5 years, and show her how well you've been doing. You are still going to be thinking of her in a few 2-5 yrs???? That screams insecurity, and lack of self confidence! Work on yourself, and get on with it.
    I agree. Being successful and your past enemies and ex's hearing about it is one thing but to throw it in their face just reeks of insecurity, revenge, etc...
    Also as poor as I am many people who are well off I could care a R@T'$@$$ about it because I also see what their lives are like and many of them I wouldn't trade for the world.

I have seen this work for some people though. Like on one of the daytime talk shows they had people who were bullied and later became successful confront their bully years later and they ended up apologizing for all the bullying.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 9, 2008, 06:49 PM
    I had to spread the rep, but yes you are right on the mark there. But I don't think in this case that it is bullying, or anything like that. I think it is a case of "oh no you didn't", and a whole lot of false pride. ;)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Have to spread rep too... I also think that is neither here nor there in this situation.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan
    In 2-5 years from now, you can show up at her house and say "hey, I'm the guy you dated and ignored. Guess what? Look at me now.. I have a successful life, finance is not a problem etc."

That's what I'm going to do.

Assuming she even remembers who you are - and I doubt she will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is he ignoring me? [ 7 Answers ]

Could someone please help me. My boyfriend of 4 years has started to ignore me over the last few weeks. He doesn't ring me or see me, ignores my calls and I honestly have no idea what I have done for his to act like this. Is he not interested anymore? I know he is not cheating I don't think he...

I want to know what should I do?is he ignoring me? [ 8 Answers ]

I went to date with a guy, every thige was perfect after dinner he said time goes fast and the time was short! Then when he was dropping me off he said keep in touch okay? Then I text him it was a lovelly night thanks. Then he respond any time. But after 2 days I text him, he hasn't respond after...

Guy I like ignoring me [ 2 Answers ]

There is a guy I like, and he kno's I like him. He likes me back (or so he says). We usually email, but lately he hasn't replied to anything I've sent. We don't act all "lovey-dovey" we just act like good friends, so I don't think I'm coming on too strong. So I was just wondering what you people...

Is he ignoring me? [ 15 Answers ]

A few months back I started seeing someone occasionally. This person sent me many emails suggesting to have a "fling". But the condition was that this person not "hate" me once we were done and that we remain the friends we were. The person agreed. Now that it's over, this person seems to be...

Ignoring me. [ 10 Answers ]

For the past couple of days, my ex-girlfriend has been ignoring me. She doesn't want to talk to me during school at all. She just instant messages me and asks me for help for homework.. I say hi or ask her questions, but she won't answer at all when I get a chance to see her. We left off on...

View more questions Search