Ask
    ghalia Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 01:20 AM
    How can I remove w32.silly FDC virus
    How can I remove w32.silly FDC virus
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 3, 2008, 01:28 AM
    Instructions at W32.SillyFDC - Symantec.com.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Try harder.
    Laroooo50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scleros View Post
    I have this stupid virus also and I have Norton. Every time I start up my computer it is slower than sludge. I have to manually run a scan every day.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Dec 14, 2008, 08:52 PM
    When you went to the site that Scleros suggested, did you disable System Restore before removing the virus? If not, it will show up again the next time you start Windows.

Are you sure that that virus is the only one on Windows? Verify that by going to:

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/d...d=ie&venid=sym

Click the GO button, then under Virus Detection, click Start. You might be told that you need to download and install ActiveX Controls for the scan to work, answer Yes.

Write down exactly anything it finds, then go to: : and do a search for what was found. Symantec usually has a removal tool and/or directions for removing manually. Make sure that you follow the instructions for removal, step by step, especially the part regarding disabling System Restore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My PC affected by ahsan virus how can I remove it [ 1 Answers ]

My PC affected by ahsan virus how can I remove it

Am I being silly? [ 3 Answers ]

Lately I've been hanging out with these new friends that are like 2-3 years older then me and they all smoke around me, for years I've been saying to myself "smoking is bad smoking is a disusting habit and everyone should quit!" I've even helped one of my friends quit but know every time I'm with...

Silly, but. [ 3 Answers ]

Silly Bird Riddles What birds spend all their time on their knees? Birds of prey. What do you call a very rude bird? A mockingbird. Where do birds meet for coffee? In a nest-cafe.

W32.silly FDC [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone tell me how do I remove W32.Silly FDC?

Remove Virus Scan on Opening WORD 2003 [ 5 Answers ]

Same question. And... following my use of WORD (2003,) when I close it, it reopens! And reopens, ad nauseum... until I have to use a Ctrl/Alt/Del to finally manually close the program. The next time I attempt to use Word, I am offered the option to open in a Safe Mode. If I select that...

View more questions Search