Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ter205not Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 05:44 PM
    How do I use a tampon?
    I am 15 years old and I still don't know how to use a tampon. I can't find the hole that opens to the vagina, so I was wondering if someone could describe it to me. I also don't know if you are supposed to put pressure onto the tampon in order to insert it. I've already read all the package stuff with the diagrams and what not, but I just don't know where exactly I am supposed to insert it in the flap. Please help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Hun, this is something you need to discuss with your mother. Have her stand outside the door and have her give you instructions on how to use them.

I personally do not advocate the use of tampons in any woman of any age due to the possibility of toxic shock syndrome.
    NicoleLynn39 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 08:42 PM
    You really should find a woman, be it your mom or a really good girl friend and maybe one of them can help. It is kind of hard to explain over the internet. I know it is kind of an embarasing question, but you have to remember that EVERY woman has gone through it. And they were just as confused and scared as you are. Until you find a clear answer to this from your mom or doctor, you may want to just stick with using pads.
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 9, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Maybe this will help you! : )

A Guide to Using Your First Tampon
    parent25 Posts: 55, Reputation: 3

Aug 10, 2008, 03:13 PM
    If it makes you feel any better, Im 26 and still can't use them! Lol, when I was a teen I had my older sisters (who all use them) to help me learn to insert it and what not. I too read all the diagrams and still could not "find" where to insert it.

I actually thought something was wrong w/ me and that I didn't have "one"! Lol You can imagine how awful it was for a teenage girl to think that. I finally went to my family for help and instructions.

So after many attempts and many coversations w/ friends and sisters I finally concluded tampons were not for me!

My last attempt was just about a year ago.. There wasn't a pad around and a friend only had a tampon so I had to try. Lol lets just say it didn't go so well and we had to make a quick stop at the nearest pharmacy asap!

Good luck, I'm sure you will get it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wearing a tampon? [ 6 Answers ]

This is really embarrassing... I don't know how to "put in" a tampon. I have had my period for about a year and never wore one. If anyone has had experiences of wearing one for the first time and how it felt that would be really helpful.

How do you know if a tampon broke your hymen? [ 8 Answers ]

I wore a tampon once a little over a year ago and it didn't really hurt going in. I had it in all day and that night when I went to take it out it hurted a lot and it took me a while to get it out. Well I'm about to lose my virginity and I was wondering if the tampon broke my hymen because I'm real...

Stuck tampon [ 2 Answers ]

How Will A Doctore Remove A Stuck Tampon If Still On A Cycle And Bleeding Heavily?

Cannot insert tampon [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question about tampons. I am 14 years old and a freshman in high school and I have had my period for about 2 years. I have a very heavy flow and I have never been able to insert a tampon and it is extremely frustrating. I have gone through many different brands and nothing ever works. I...

View more questions Search