Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaGiC_DaN90 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2008, 03:49 PM
    I'm looking to start a home-based bus. Suggestions?
    I have internet access and am somewhat okay at HTML writing and Javascript.
    I type pretty fast (if that amounts to anything useful)

Perhaps involving developing websites or something like that??

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Developing websites involves some certs and a reputation. Go to school and learn how to develop your own website so you can attract others. Being in the IT field is ALWAYS UPDATING to establish credibility, then you can advertise.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 11:30 PM
    What other types of skills or interests do you have, other than that which might be done on the computer, please? I have a number of businesses that I run. Most of my new business comes from the ads that I have placed on many sites on the Internet.

Although having certification as an IT of some kind is nice to have, and might be necessary if someone was going to hire you to work for them in whatever capacity in designing websites or other functions as an IT. However, it's not really necessary if you are going to be self-employed and are wanting to provide those types of services to others. Website development is one of the businesses that I have. I am not certified, but provide an excellent service. If the customer is pleased with the work that you do for them, that's all that really matters if you are self-employed in that kind of service.

If you would like more information about how to advertise on the Internet so that you will beat all of the competition where you are trying to market your service, please let me know.

As I have already asked at the beginning of this post, "What other types of skills or interests do you have, other than that which might be done on the computer, please?"

Thanks!
    MaGiC_DaN90 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    What other types of skills or interests do you have, other than that which might be done on the computer, please? I have a number of businesses that I run. Most of my new business comes from the ads that I have placed on many sites on the Internet.

Although having certification as an IT of some kind is nice to have, and might be necessary if someone was going to hire you to work for them in whatever capacity in designing websites or other functions as an IT. However, it's not really necessary if you are going to be self-employed and are wanting to provide those types of services to others. Website development is one of the businesses that I have. I am not certified, but provide an excellent service. If the customer is pleased with the work that you do for them, that's all that really matters if you are self-employed in that kind of service.

If you would like more information about how to advertise on the Internet so that you will beat all of the competition where you are trying to market your service, please let me know.

As I have already asked at the beginning of this post, "What other types of skills or interests do you have, other than that which might be done on the computer, please?"

Thanks!
    Hmm, other skills or interests... I am a musician, have been for 7-8 years, but that only has a few routes, teaching, playing in clubs/concerts, playing for a big band/orchestra. I have had a few websites that weren't getting traffic, so I scrapped them. I could perhaps tutor kids, but I don't know if I have time for that... I can also do photography, but I think I need years more of practice and experience.

Hmm, I was looking into medical claims billing.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 04:48 AM
    Most of the new business that I get is because of the free ads that I place on the Internet. If you are interested in knowing how to do that so that you will beat most of the competition where you are wanting to have your business, then please let me know.

If you would like to know about me, and how I have been successful, then please read my profile. Almost everything that you read in my profile are about things that I do to make a living for myself.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a home based cookie dough business? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for information to start a cookie dough business to supply to local businesses.

Home Based [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a business/job that you can do from your home with out costing an arm and leg to just to start? I don't want to make $1ooo's per week I know that is not real but I know you can make money from home and that there are a lot of companies that use home based people. I would like...

Home based job [ 8 Answers ]

I was propositioned by memoney exchange and I can't find much info on it. I was told I would get paid salary plus commission off every payment I process. Has anyone heard of this company and knows if its legit?

How do I start a home based business [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know how to start a home based business in orange county California. I am trying to start a new business in indoor plant maintenace but I don't know where to begin.::confused:

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search