Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eihab Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2004, 01:43 PM
    Security of database on the internet
    What are the extra security features which should be incorporated for an internet base database system?
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Jun 15, 2004, 08:09 PM
    A few things, you should password protect it and make sure it is not in your wwwroot folder.
    theguyfromoz Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2004, 07:15 PM
    What Corey says is correct. Ideally, the database should be in a folder with a non-standard name (i.e. not "database") because it's quite easy to download a DB when you know where it's stored, especially Access or similar DBs. Don't make the DB read-only unless you don't want online updates to data. Do add a password, but don't use it inside the script of each page - use it to establish the session for each user only. And be aware that Access DBs can only handle about 10-20 concurrent users.

TONY

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Norton Internet Security [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys Please help me I have recently installed Norton Internet Security 2005 onto my XP machine. I have created a situation whereby I am still the administrator but have changed my name to dad. This now means I can't log off as dad and log back on as administrator. I have tried creating a new...

Is internet explorer a security risk? [ 4 Answers ]

What browser would you sugget, instead of IE? Is netscape good,is opera ?

View more questions Search