Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaGiC_DaN90 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Devices/MP3 players/etc. won't connect to computer
    My computer is pretty old, all internal components from '01-'02
    So my processor SUCKS. I have a 120gb HD but it doesn't help.
    I'm probably running at 256mb or 512mb (-_-')
    Running Windows XP. So here's my problem:

I have a Samsung Juke phone that I bought and I wanted to
    sync it to my computer. The problem is, it WON'T sync.

The same kind of problem occurred with my 30gb 1st Gen Zune.
    When I got the 2.5 software update, it would no longer sync to the
    computer and the computer refused to recognize it.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? Perhaps I need to change something
    in the registry?
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 2, 2008, 03:03 PM
    These devices all connect to USB? Your computer likely does not support the new USB 2.x version - probably 1.x only.

If you have a free PCI slot, you can purchase a USB card with about 4 ports in it that all support the new USB 2.x.
    MaGiC_DaN90 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2008, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckhole
    These devices all connect to USB? Your computer likely does not support the new USB 2.x version - probably 1.x only.

If you have a free PCI slot, you can purchase a USB card with about 4 ports in it that all support the new USB 2.x.
    I have 2.0 USB's, and they work for me with other things, like my Sansa MP3, but I think the
    Registry of the Zune was compromised because I did have the "Hard-Drive" hack. But I restored my registry back to normal. Still didn't work. I think I may need to buy a new computer or something. This computer is old and nearly useless anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't connect to other computer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My desktop computer is connected to wireless router through ethernet.And I have connected my laptop wirelessly to that router and so can access internet but I want to transfer files from my desktop PC to the laptop through that connection that I cant.So please help me.What do I do... ...

Connect A computer to another computer wireless [ 3 Answers ]

Can I Connect computer to another computer wireless without router or access point

Is it possible for someone to connect to your computer from there's? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi If a person has had access to your computer for a length of time, is it possible for them to have made some sort of connection to it via there own computer in a different area so that they can see what your activity has been and deleate emails, files etc? A briefcase file has recently...

Computer doesn't recognize devices [ 3 Answers ]

I have a compaq presario 2100 with windows xp. I tried plugging my mp3 player into it and a lexar jump drive and the computer won't recognize either device. It gives me a message that the devices could perform faster if plugged into a 2.0 port. I bought a belkin 2.0 4 port hub and plugged that...

Is it possible to connect electronic devices with computer parallel ports? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to connect LCD,TV, or any electronic devices with computer parallel ports?

View more questions Search