Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nakiso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Open CPS case
    Do I have the right to change public defenders if I feel my attorney is not working gin my best interest? Also if my husben has sign a declaration of paternity for our daughter, can CPS order him to take a paternity test if he is stating to be the bio father, other then the name on the birth certificate?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 12:16 PM
    You really don't have a choice in who your public defender is. However, you can hire which ever lawyer you want you just have to pay them. As for your other question I'm a little confused... is your daughter already born or are you pregnant now? If she is already born and so already has someone on the birth certificate other than your husband then he would have to take a court ordered DNA test to allow him to be the legal father and then the because would be changed. If you are pregnant then he would be assumed the father because you are married and it would then have to be challenged by another man. So please let me know which way it is so we can further help you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 12:37 PM
    You can request one, but since most are all friends and share office space, You need to be really sure.. But yes CPS can do what they want fairly well, esp with a court order

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My itunes won't open at all, does anybody know how to get it to open? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got my computer back after having new virus scanns on my computer downloaded.. and I have used itunes since then but last night when I logged out and logged back in this morning, when I click on itunes, all that happens is it has the mouse thing which looks like its loading for a couple...

Open neutrals and open grounds [ 3 Answers ]

I have installed new recepticals all around the house but I have one receptical in the master bedroom with an open neutral and two with open grounds per a grt-500 circuit tester. The two open grounds are still functional but the open neutral is not. I have checked all of the wires and they are...

Open container case [ 1 Answers ]

The case: Over the weekend of March 16-18 a friend and I were placed under arrest and served 2 days in the county jail for Open containers. We were originally pulled over for failure to stop which was questionable because we stopped but apparently it wasn't for the 5 count and the officer...

How to open cpu case on Sony VGC RC110G desktop [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hp lightscribe cd/dvd drive installed in my computer. Has always worked great. Apparently I did not insert a cd completely, and now it will not eject. I have tried my computer and eject under d drive, it tries to open both with the eject button and going to my computer d drive and eject. I...

View more questions Search