Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    times Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 11:02 AM
    My router to my cable /dsl
    I am trying to hook up my linksys to my cable dsl , it ask me to rum the ethernet cable from my modern into my router I don't have modern my computer warsles so on back of my cable /dsl where do I hook up my router
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Your post is difficult to understand. What hardware did your ISP provide?

Cable service or dsl service typically terminates in either a modem device which will have an ethernet port to connect to a router or a combined router/modem device. In the first case you connect the modem's ethernet port to your Linksys router's (?) WAN ethernet port. In the second case, your Linksys router isn't needed if your ISP provided a combined device.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2008, 04:43 PM
    You usually either have cable or DSL. Which is it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall mount for cable, how do I prepare for cable line? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move my T.V. across the room, I have a wall mount with the wire there. What do I do to the wire that is not cable prepared to look like the one that is now being used? I need step by step instructions. If anyone can help me please!! :confused: Signed single mom trying to save a few...

ZyXel Wireless Cable Router [ 2 Answers ]

I can't seem to connect to the internet with the above router? Has anyone used this before? I go through the whole set up and it goes great and the ISP and DN is changed, But once I try to connect to the internet/email it won't connect and tells me I am not connected, but when I look at the icons...

Router, access point, cable . How can I use them to get a shared internet [ 6 Answers ]

How can I connect an access point to a router to access the internet... if it's impossible, please show me the way to have a shared internet connection between 5 laptops using : a router an access point and a cable (internet connection)... thanks very much :)

CABLE and Modem Router [ 11 Answers ]

Hi my buddys has a cable modem which she connects to the internet with, its got one USB and one ethernet port on the modem. Ive only seen t he modem through webcam so I couldn't play around, we were NOT able to connect 2 machines one through usb and the other through ethernet. The cable...

View more questions Search