Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prakashpbt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Load calculation
    Respected sir I amprakash ihave doubt regarding load calculation.

I have a 5 amp socket (ups power ) .can I connect 5 computors to that socket through extension box.please explain me any body knows
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Need to know the load in amps or watts of each computer. If the total exceeds 5 amps, then, no.

If in the USA, and possibly elsewhere, the receptacle may need to be derated, here in the US we derate certain things by 80%.

Also need to know the wattage, amperage or volt-amps output capacity of the UPS , to be sure it is not exceeded.
    DrLang Posts: 98, Reputation: 10

Aug 2, 2008, 12:50 PM
    As the reply before me states, this will depend a lot on the computers. However, unless you dumped a lot of cash on that UPS, 5 computers (unless they're laptops or other ultra low power systems) will probably kill it before you can snap your fingers. The battery just doesn't have that kind of capacity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Load Calculation [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Unit working at 6.5 Amps, 3 phase. I want to calculate the Power Consumption of the Unit. If I can get the formula by which the same is calculated. The Formula is the most important. I would be grateful, for a very quick reply. Regards Ujjval.

Wind load calculation, ASCE 7-98 [ 2 Answers ]

I NEED HELP IN DETERMINING THE IMPORTANCE FACTOR______?____________, INTERNAL PRESSURE COEFFICIENT ___?_______AND COMPONENTS & CLADDING___?___ WIND SPEED: 120 MPH(3-SECOND GUST, ASCE-7-98 EDITION) BUILD. CAT.: II EXPOSURE: B LIVE LOAD: ...

Wind load for signs calculation [ 1 Answers ]

We have a specification for a sign to withstand 30 psf minimum lateral load. How can we calculate what wind speed this can resist (what mph and at what height)?

Load calculation [ 1 Answers ]

There is a indoor pool and normally water is heated to temp 40 deg c. Total water quantity is 15000 ltrs. Out door temp is 44 deg c. The indoor a/c results in high amount of condensataion in supply grilles. FCUs are used to cool the area with 10% of fresh air. There is no possibility of untreated...

Load calculation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Please advise me what are the factors considered for calculating the Tonnage Rate whilst selecting the AC units for Industry / office environment. Regards Pankaj

View more questions Search