Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnn007 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2006, 06:09 PM
    Need some advice
    Hello

I want to study in newyork usa and I have done BBA(H) which is three year program. I came to know from someone that three year degree is not recognized in U.S.

So I have to do some additional courses to make it a four year degree. Just want to ask that where I can get information about it, any website about american education board anyone know or anyone can helpme telling me some facts about it. I will appreciate anyone's good advice.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2006, 06:53 AM
    Once you pick your school, you'll want to find out how to get credits for what you already know.

You'll pay a fee (far less than tuition) to "test out" of the classes that cover what you already know. If you pass the test, then you get the credits.

The advisor at the school will be able to direct you more specifically about the best way to go about it once they see your degree and where you got it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2006, 07:23 AM
    As mentioned, there is no "National Board" that accepts or not accepts specific classes you have taken, But depending on what schools you have atteneded and what classes you have taken, these classes can be transferred. If your degree is equal to a degree in the US then it may be accepted for further study in a advanced degree in the US.

It is not the number of years bu the number of class credit that you have.
    It is humanly possible to do a US degree in three years, but others may take 5 years to complete. Callingit a 4 year degree is really a old term and not really valid.

You would need to contact one or more schools in the US, and they will review your transcript of classes and see what level you have. Many of the major colleges have foreign student departments that help with Englich and culture to help a student adjust to study in the US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

I need advice... [ 9 Answers ]

I want my ex boyfriend back... we went out for a year... we broke up... because so much was wrong... we were fighting heaps you know... Its taken me half a year to realise I still really love him... he said I mean more to him than anyone else... because we lost our virginity to each other... ...

I need advice [ 15 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I am 17 years old. There's this 15 year old girl that love soooo much.We known each other for 1 and a half years now. She is a shyish girl with few friends, who reads a lot.She plays with her hair sometimes(only around me I noticed). She found out that I liked her during winter break...

Advice [ 4 Answers ]

I'm currently enrolled at the University of Iowa as an accoutning student. In grad school I will be getting a joint law degree with a masters in accounting because I want to be a tax attorney. Any advice on what else I should do outside of my basic course of action?

Advice please [ 9 Answers ]

I saw my ex girlfriend (2 yr relationship) for the first time since we broke up (4 months ago) at a mates party the other night. I played it pretty cool and wasn't needy or anything. She seemed like she wanted to talk to me and I noticed her looking at me a few times when I was talking to another...

View more questions Search