Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    24051963 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 05:50 AM
    How to connect home stereo speakers
    I have just acquired a pair of Sharp stereo speakers that have an inbuilt sub-woofer. Each speaker has a separate set of connecting wires for the sub-woofer. Am I supposed to join the wires (positive to positive etc) and insert them into the same hole in the back of the stereo or should the sub-woofer wires be plugged into a separate hole. Do these speakers require a specific amplifier that has separate connections for normal speakers from the sub-woofers?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 3, 2008, 06:07 PM
    The separate set of connecting wires for the sub-woofer indicates that another signal is required than the one for "normal" speakers.

Often real sub-woofer speakers are powered from a separate amplifier.
    Otherwise you use a filter to separate middle to high from low frequency output signals.

Note that for sub-woofer wiring you should use extra thick diameter wires to reduce cable losses to a minimum.

Success !

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ok to connect 8 ohm speakers to 4 ohm stereo? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a mini stereo that comes with speakers rated at 4 ohms. I want to hook up the stereo to the in-wall speakers in the bathroom, which are rated at 8 ohms. Is this doable as-is? If not, are there any (reasonable) means of making it so? Thanks for any advice!

Home Stereo System [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of building a new home. I have done all the plumbing, heating and working on the electrical. After I complete the electrical I am considering installing a whole house stereo systems (ceiling and wall mounted speakers). I'm having a difficault time trying to located...

How do you connect to a T1 network from home? [ 11 Answers ]

If you are eventually going to work from your home for your company, are you able to connect to your companies T1 service from home and if so how do you do this?

I need to connect my 2 home computers [ 23 Answers ]

On one internet connection. I am afraid to go wireless, because one computer is on the second floor of the house and the other in the basement game room. I want to know if a router (and the most cost effective one to get) would work with our computers. The basement computer has Windows 98 and...

View more questions Search