Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2008, 11:01 PM
    Inflamed vertebrae
    I have bouts with an inflamed vertebrae that is very
    Painful between my shoulder blades. I have taken
    Darvocet but that did not help, neither did ibuprofen.
    I just have to take the pain, until is subsidies. Unable to
    Do anything while I am having these spells.

What brings them on, I don’t know.

Your opinion?
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 04:49 AM
    I have a similar thing but mine is in the neck causing pain between the shoulder blades and inflammation going up into the skull.

As you say nothing helps, you just have to wait for the pain to subside, however I did find that icepacks several times each day on the offending part, helped take the inflammation out of the injury, also refrain from lifting or pushing anything.

I did at one point go to a chiroprater who did lots of massage in that area who also told me it was down to lifting over the years which left my back twisted.
    Unfortunately it leaves a weakness there so it's quite easy to re-injure yourself, but she was absolutely brilliant and eased a lot of the pain, if you possibly can go visit one, I know it's expensive,( which is why at the moment I can't go) ,but it's well worth it for the pain relief.It takes a couple of sessions but the relief is almost immediate.

The correct Doctors diagnosis was... cervical root nerve entrapment, so I'm wondering if you have a similar thing, it's kind of in the same area.Initially I was off work 3 months and was told it could take up to 1 year to subside,thankfully it didn't but I still like you get bouts of it which last for weeks at a time,meaning time off work.

Have you tried... NAPROXEN TABLETS BP 500 MG... they're stronger than ibuprofen and can just take the edge off the pain, they are only available on persciption so you'd need to see your G,P.

Ibuprofen 400 mg can work if taken with an additional pain killer... as long as its not in the same group of meds. I think I took Solpediene Max, which is extremely good on its own, normally very good for migraine.

If you decide to try, Ibuprofen with Solpadiene, both of which you can buy from you pharmacy, then... YOU MUST CHECK THAT THEY ARE OK TOGETHER...

I hope this helps a little

Takecare
    LurleyGirly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 12:07 PM
    I am taking Naproxen which helps. For some reason Xanax is helping, too. Perhaps helping me have less tension in my neck and shoulders?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inflamed underarm sweat glands [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I've been getting painful lumps under my arms for about 8 years. They are the result of inflamed sweat glands. Really, other than be a champ and suffer through, there really isn't anything I can do other than apply a warm compress until it either goes away or drains. Now I read somewhere...

Inflamed pancreas [ 1 Answers ]

I am experiencing pain on my right side. Doctor said I my pancreas was inflamed. I have a count 171-Amylase (20-115 are good levels) 582 Lipase(114-286 are good levels). What do I really have, how long and how did I get it? Do I needs to be extra worried. I also have a fibroid cyst.:confused:

11 weeks inflamed cervix bleeding after pap [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 11 weeks pregnant on Tuesday. Today is Thursday. On Tuesday I had my first prenatal visit and had a pap test. The dr. told me that my cervix was inflamed and that I should expect some spotting up to this point I had had none. The next day on Wednesday I started in the afternoon... it light......

View more questions Search