Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swgirlie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 09:29 PM
    What happens to Windows XP when it is a blue screen?
    Meaning it will not load and the error is a windows profile error?

>Moved from Forum Help<
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 02:49 AM
    See Blue Screen of Death - Wikipedia for a description of blue screen errors. The error numbers and message provided on the screen are your only hints as to what is causing the error. The error codes can be researched at Microsoft Support for known common causes or via a general web search. The codes are also documented in various device driver and resource kits for your specific operating system (XP).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp pro- blue screen of death [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, had to join after I asked a friend on this issue. ( And I thought XP was immune from this.) It say's: On Blue Screen; Stop: C0000218 {Registry File Failure} The Registry cannot Load the Hive File:\SystemRoot\System32\Config\Software Or it's log or alternative. It is...

Windows won't start up, blue screen error c0000218 [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, When attempting to start my Compaq laptop I get a black screen saying: "Windows did not start successfully... etc" I'm given the options to start in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good config and normal mode. However, if I attempt to...

IMB T40 Laptop won't start windows XP without blue screen error. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm using a Access IBM predesktop Area computer (laptop also known as T40) with 512 RAM. It has windows XP home edition with all the updated files from Microsoft. The problem is I get a blue screen containing an error message (more details about error below). Now I know I have the options to...

Windows 2000 Server Blue Screen [ 3 Answers ]

My current server is stuck at a "blue screen" during bootup. There are no error messages just a blue screen. All of my connected workstations can still access the network drives. However I cannot access any programs on the server directly or via VPN. I can still open a VPN to the server and...

Blue screen/wont boot to windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC problem that I have been trying to fix for 2 weeks. I have the dreaded blue screen, it says registry error. I can not get it to boot to windows xp. It just keeps starting all over. Counting down, and starting all over. Safe mode won't work either. I did that 3 hour check and it...

View more questions Search