Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sd1025 Posts: 98, Reputation: 11

Aug 1, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Home loan?
    Does anybody know if first horizon homeloans is a good company or what? I want to buy a house but I'm nervous about the loan process and I have no downpayment
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:24 PM
    With so many of the new laws, finding a 100 percent loan is going to be almost impossible any longer.
    sd1025 Posts: 98, Reputation: 11

Aug 3, 2008, 01:11 AM
    I realize that. Wich is why I was asking about first horizon home loans legitamicy as they claim to have low interest no downpayment loans
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sd1025
    i realize that. wich is why i was asking about first horizon home loans legitamicy as they claim to have low interest no downpayment loans
    I have not used them recently, but I have done business with them in the past with no problems. I guess it's a good sign that they're still in business. I guess it was about 10 years ago that we used them.

In current times it does sound like a lofty promise, though. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that you'd be better off waiting until you can save up at least a small down payment. You don't want to join the thousands of people going into foreclosure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get a 401 K loan or Home Equity loan [ 4 Answers ]

I owe about $ 25,000 on various credit cards with interest ranging from 17 % to 30 %. I am barely able to make the minimum payments. In addition, I owe $14,000 ($ 500 a month) on the car with 7 % and 3 years to go. Because I have bad credit, I was able to get one bank to offer me a Home Equity...

401K Loan vs. Home Equity Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I need $50,000 for a kitchen remodel. I can get a 401K loan 5 yr term 9.25 interest - total payments add up to 62,000 or so with a monthly payment of roughly $1,050. That payment is is tough on my current budget so I was considering a Home Equity Loan with a longer term. I know there are a...

New home addition -home equity loan or remortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I am 54yrs old and have only 3 yrs left on mortgage.. I want to put on a new addition to house and looks like I will have to borrow $80,000.. Do I want to do home equity or remortgage? I would like to retire in 11 yrs or less

View more questions Search