Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alexi Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Deleting old corporate versions of semantic av
    I have an older laptop computer with an out of date version of semantec antivirus software. I'm trying to load a new version I just purchased but can't do so until I delete the old version which requires a password to do so. I have long left the company involved so do not know the password. Is there some other way I can get rid of this inoperable software?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 07:07 PM
    You might try this:
    1. Open the Registry Editor (regedit)
    2. Navigate to the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\INTEL\LANDesk\VirusPro tect6\CurrentVersion\Administrator Only\Security\
    3. Change the value for useVPuninstallpassword from 1 to 0
    4. Exit Registry Editor

You should now be able to uninstall the program without it prompting for a password.

Good Luck,
    WallyH

P.S. I don't know why it is splitting VirusProtect6 into two words in step 2 above. It is one word.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Versions of no quarter [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if the version of no quarter on the song remains the same(album and cassette)is different than the cd version

2 different versions of windows at startup [ 5 Answers ]

I am redoing a compact computer and it had windows home on it I reformatted and put windows XP pro on it now when I turn the computer on at start up it ask me which version of windows I want to use how do I get rid of the home version ? I already reformatted the drive but I can't get rid of the...

Instrumental versions [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys I have a question about getting instumental versions of songs... umm it would really help if you could tell me how I could do this.:confused: umm, any information is greatly appreciated! Thank you.:o

Different versions of server 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone help me out with naming the different version available in server 2003 or in other words FLAVORS . And the main thing is that I need the differences n features available in that version . If possible give me the link if available:)

View more questions Search