Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dramemb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Make Money Booking Airline Tickets
    Hi,
    I am looking for the possibility to book/broker airline tickets for people and to make money that way. I am not a licensed travel agent neither did I take classes or training on that subject. Can anyone show me the way?
    Thank you in advance.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dramemb
    Hi,
    I am looking for the possibility to book/broker airline tickets for people and to make money that way. I am not a licensed travel agent neither did I take classes or training on that subject. Can anyone show me the way?
    thank you in advance.

I think you have to ask yourself why anyone would use your services.
    dramemb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Because the people I deal with either don't speak or don't write/read English. Others don't have access to computer/Internet and are even computer illiterate. I hope this helps you come with an answer.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dramemb
    Because the people I deal with either dont speak or dont write/read English. Others dont have access to computer/Internet and are even computer illiterate. I hope this helps you come with an answer.

No, not really - airlines and travel agents have people who speak all languages on board. If you have no licenses you will not have the ability to offer special "deals" to your customers.

However, if this is something you are interested in you would need a business prototype to take to a bank or financial institution in order to set up funding as well as an idea which airlines you are planning to represent and an understanding with those airlines that you are allowed to broker their tickets.

And you would have to determine how you are going to make money on the transactions. You are aware that travel agents make their money from the destination, not from the traveller.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make money on Runescape [ 28 Answers ]

Hey guys, if you wanted to find ways to get money on RS, I got some. 1. you add a person named "Logs Wc Co" on your friends list. When he goes on, ask him for a woodcutting job. He will ask you to get as many NORMAL logs as you can. Give it to him in increments of 500 logs or 1K logs. Yes, he...

How do you make money on an idea? [ 6 Answers ]

I have had this idea for a house in my head for years. I can't ever afford a house but I would love to see it actually built someday. I wanted to know where the best place to have it drawn up and that I could maybe make some money (like a commission or whatever) on it if people choose to have it...

How to make money [ 1 Answers ]

How can I/a 12 year old, make money? Don't say alowece.

How can I make money using my computer? [ 2 Answers ]

Im always seeing these commercials about working at home using your computer. There are so many of them that I have to believe its just another scam. I don't want to be a billionaire, I just want to make as much money as I would at a normal job. Im not really good with computers, but I can learn!...

View more questions Search