Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    looseendz Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Award tax
    Hi all, I got an award from my job of $500 in American Express Gift checks (5 $100) It said that appropriate taxes will be taken out of my next pay check, Does any have any idea about how much will be taken out. We get a bonus every year and I know that amount is like 25% (bonus tax) will this be taxed the same, I live in Massachusetts.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 10:58 AM
    It will be taxed just as your regular income.

Figure the percent based on your gross vs your net pay.

Apply that percent to the $500 and you should have a good idea of what it will be.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Yes, at the same rate as your regular pay, the 25 percent will be close.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support Award [ 7 Answers ]

Is it true that if you take a father to court for child support in New York and he says he doesn't have a job and doesn't collect unemployment that he will only have to pay $25 a month in support?

Award plan [ 3 Answers ]

Good Morning All, I need your help, I work for a group home in AZ as a Asst. Mgr. I have a 9yr old boy who has this compulsion to steal, I have been told to come up with a award plan to implement at the house, for this young man to help him not steal, the problem Im having is this kid...

Award of Arbitration [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me what this means? I have researched it online, but it doesn't make sense to me!

View more questions Search