Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 10:36 AM
    combine an equation?
    This is stupid I know but how do I combine this?
    D - (d + c)

I got -C but somehow I think I'm really wrong.

Thanks
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Looks right to me. Think of it this way:

d - (d+c)

= d + -1(d+c)

= d + (-d - c)

= d - d - c

= -c
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 02:54 AM
    Yeah, me too, I think it's right. Could I know what made you feel that was wrong? Just want to know, perhaps.. too simple or weird?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 03:04 PM
    I haven't taken math in ages and I was taking a placement test and I answered the questions but I kind of freak out afterwards and it wouldn't let me see which ones I got wrong so I was curious.
    And yes... it did seem too easy for that to be the answer. Somehow I was thinking that you distrubute the -c throughout the parenthesis... kind of dumb but like I said it's been a while... all summer in fact.
    Thanks though... your answers helped reassure me quite a bit.
    :)
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Ok, problem solved then!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to combine 2 tables into one [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all , I am trying to freeze the columns of HTML table. Below is the code for the same. It works fine on Mozill and IE . However I want to make the use of a single table instead of two in the following code. Is it possible to do that. I mean to achieve the same functinality with the one table...

What happens when H2SO4 + CuO combine? Inferences? [ 2 Answers ]

For a recycling copper assignment, I need to know what happens when you combine copper oxide with sulfuric acid (like I know that that it turns a clear aqua colour... but what is happening for the to occur?) Please answer me quick!! Thanks a bunch

Can LLC combine two line of businesses? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I could use a little help with couple questions I have. I am interested in opening up tax return filing business. Would like to start with personal tax returns and eventually want to do both personal and business. My wife is in healthcare field and works on 1099 basis so our CPA...

Combine DBA accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Can the accounts of the dba be combined with the parent company and submitted as one return

View more questions Search