Aug 1, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Jonas brothers?
    Who are the jonas brothers:confused:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsnickjonas979
    who are the jonas brothers:confused:

A teen age singing group - obviously males because they are brothers. They were touring with Miley Cyrus at one time.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Just Google them
    llamb Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Aug 1, 2008, 10:14 AM
    A super annoying (in my opinion) group of brothers made overly popular by the disney channel who wear tight pants and attempt to embody the mainstream whining voice.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 2, 2008, 01:17 AM
    Here you go!

YouTube - JonasBrothersMusic's Channel
    chakarnis Posts: 55, Reputation: 0

Aug 12, 2008, 10:41 PM
    ATTENTION ALL HATERS!!

The Jonas Brothers are three brothers from NJ who are very talented young men. They range in age from 15 to 20. They sing, play musical instruments, write their own songs and act. The youngest one, Nick is very gifted musically and has been on Broadway since early youth, the middle brother, Joe has a very gifted comedic talent and musician and also acted on Broadway and the oldest brother, Kevin is an extremely gifted musician and songwriter and spent his youth making commercials and their "cute factor" is off the chain. They were raised in a good home by good,loving and supportive parents that instilled solid Christian values in them such as the decision by each one to abstain from sex until marriage. They love and respect each other and are truly role models for the younger generation. So, it looks like they're not part of the Disney manufacturing machine and I say that Disney was in luck to find "them" . And as parents, we should all be so lucky and blessed to have been the type of parents to be blessed with children like them. I know I am.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 12, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chakarnis
    ATTENTION ALL HATERS!!!!

The Jonas Brothers are three brothers from NJ who are very talented young men. They range in age from 15 to 20. They sing, play musical instruments, write their own songs and act. The youngest one, Nick is very gifted musically and has been on Broadway since early youth, the middle brother, Joe has a very gifted comedic talent and musician and also acted on Broadway and the oldest brother, Kevin is an extremely gifted musician and songwriter and spent his youth making commercials and their "cute factor" is off the chain. They were raised in a good home by good,loving and supportive parents that instilled solid Christian values in them such as the decision by each one to abstain from sex until marriage. They love and respect each other and are truly role models for the younger generation. So, it looks like they're not part of the Disney manufacturing machine and I say that Disney was in luck to find "them" . And as parents, we should all be so lucky and blessed to have been the type of parents to be blessed with children like them. I know I am.
    Now exactly why, can you tell me that you felt the need to start your comments off with "ATTENTION ALL HATERS"?? We all try and respect each other on this site, and I did not see the need for your comment to begin that way. All of us have our own opinions, and we have a right to them. :rolleyes:

(Also FYI... capital letters are considered as shouting on this site, unless it is something meant to be capitalized)

Aug 12, 2008, 11:46 PM
    Sorry for the shout out. But I agree. We do all have our opinions and I respect yours.I'll be more mindful next time.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 12, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chakarnis
    Sorry for the shout out. But I agree. We do all have our opinions and I respect yours.i'll be more mindful next time.
    Thanks very much for your polite answer. I really did enjoy reading the rest of your comment. :)

Aug 12, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Good. Glad you're satisfied. It has been very difficult in raising my daughter in a climate where the music these kids are offered are really horrible and destructive and when her peers discover the type of music she listens to (which is usually soft rock), she was ridiculed and taunted and it made life kind of unpleasant. Then these kids came along and their clean and fresh and things were just great. Now the media is really trying hard to destroy all of that, which,I suppose is all par for the course and I think it's so sad because they can be very destructive. Guess I just reacted. Sorry for that and thanks for being so gracious.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 13, 2008, 12:15 AM
    My Stepson listens to rap, and I'm not saying all rap is bad at all, although I'm sure not a big fan. He liked it though, so I didn't mind him listening, but I would always make sure to listen to the lyrics first. Some artists were just not allowed at all. Eminem was one that made that list for sure!

It's a little funny though. My parents owned a music store when I was growing up, and for our allowance, instead of money, we got records. I got into all sorts of different types of music, and now I have varied tastes. We usually brought home pop or rock, although there were others. I just remember getting a record one time though, that my mom almost had a coronary when she heard me playing it. The song was "Tie Your Mother Down" by Queen. I loved Queen when I was growing up... still do, but the record ended up broken in half, and I was grounded! Haha!

Aug 13, 2008, 01:17 AM
    I kind of grew up the same way. In the 50s and 60s in Los Angeles, we only had three mainstream stations:KRLA, KFWB and KHJ. Everything from R&B to the Beatles to Folk to Protest to Ferrante and Teicher. As an african-american, the only r&b stations would change formats every 3-6 months so Motown was played from time to time. But I grew up with everyone including the Beatles and just like my daughter, I was ridiculed for listening to the Beatles. I was labeled a square. But I knew what I liked and I found more than a 'beat" in their music so I suppose that my daughter got it honestly. My husband lived in England for 4 years in high school so of course, everything was imported but he was a Motown freak and I guess we both were musically rounded. I think my daughter was not into rap because of what it represented during teen years. We live in Los Angeles which definitely has it's share of gang issues so it was a little too close to home. She's in college now and still has no use for it. It's gotten a little too out there.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 13, 2008, 01:39 AM
    I love motown music, and a lot of R&B. I was always made fun of when I was younger, (even now sometimes) for loving Barbra Streisand, and also a lot of what the younger kids called bubble gum, or tear jerker songs. Strange how you can be judged on your taste in music sometimes.

I don't want to take over this thread, but if you ever want to chat, you can come to my thread in the lounge.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...og-199850.html
    natrevino Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 05:06 PM
    I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee nick jonas he is so cute
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by natrevino
    i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee nick jonas he is so cute

You should not be posting on an adult board - isn't there a teen section?
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 10:50 AM
    [QUOTE=Comments on this post
    starbuck8 agrees: I think David Cassidy is cute!....oh wait, wrong band....lol[/QUOTE]

Not only is that the wrong band, it's the wrong ERA! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My brothers ashes [ 2 Answers ]

My brother died 7/07. His wish was to be buried with our parents and had set aside funds to take care of this task. My brother had medical issues and was alone except for a close friend he had confided in. He left no will and upon his death, his son was left to make the decisions. My brother and...

I need to find my brothers. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need serious help. I have only met my brothers a few times around the time I was born, and when my grandma passed away. I need help finding them. First Name: Damian First Name: Shannon First Name: Brant Last Name: Delhaimer Please help me. I really need to find them.

My brothers friend. [ 2 Answers ]

All right so here's the deal... my brother has this REALLY CUTE REALLY nice guy friend... hes almost my age I'm 17 and he's almost 17... my parents really think he's a good nice kid and they really like him as a family friend he comes around my house a lot... and he went on a trip with my family......

Brothers... [ 28 Answers ]

OK, so I have 5 brothers all very different characters. The oldest Martin, is 35yrs - outgoing, but also laid back, a good sense of humoursettle with kids and we get on well. Darren is about 33yrs very quiet and has a shy factor, but has a great sense of humour, happilt married with children...

View more questions Search