Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    student007 Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2006, 08:09 AM
    Two bachelor's degrees
    Let's say I got a degree in one field (business) and after I got that degree I decided that I wanted to get into the sciences so I applied for a bachelor's degree in science. What basis would university's usually use to determine if you get accepted? (i.e. do they use high school prerequisite marks, or your gpa from your first bachelor's)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2006, 08:17 AM
    Hi, Student,
    After obtaining one Bachelors Degree, they will look at your transcripts of those courses... usually not looking at high school scores.
    I got a Bachelors Degree in Math at 23 yrs old, then at 31 yrs old got a Masters Degree; and another Bachelors later than that.
    Any of your first college courses could be used toward your second Bachelors, depending on the course requirements for your second degree, and also depending on the grade you got in any particular course.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2006, 11:53 AM
    Of course they are free to look at anything they wish, but normally only at your prior college work.
    student007 Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2006, 02:43 PM
    Even if the two fields are entirely unrelated?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2006, 02:49 PM
    It is not the field, it is the ability to learn and study they are looking at.

For example if you apply to law school, you may have a history major, an english major, even a engineering degree, none of which is related to law but it shows that they can follow though with their studies.

A college can look at many things, one will be other college grades, they may also look at perosnal recommendations if they require them. You can ask the college you are applying to what do they look at, they most liekly will tell you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online degrees [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this site... I'm wondering if anyone knows about a good online accredited college or university?. I'm interested in the medical field.

Levels of degrees [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me the difference of 1st 2nd and 3rd BS honour degree please. Is a 3rd OK or bad. Jobwise is it so terrible in the interview to say you have a 3rd will you be taken seriously

Different degrees of hell [ 46 Answers ]

This question is for people who believe in hell, obviously. Are there different degrees of suffering in hell, or is it the same amount of suffering for everyone who goes there? Why I ask is because it seems rather unfair that everyone should face the same punishment. Take murder, for example. Say...

Difference between degrees of far and old [ 1 Answers ]

Q2. What's the difference between the following two degrees of far and old; 1. far farther farthest 2. far further furthest 1. old older oldest 2. old elder eldest

Graduate degrees [ 3 Answers ]

In order to get a masters degree in a field, is it necessary to have a bachelor's in the same field? For example, if I get a business degree (BBA) from one school, and I get good marks and do well on the MCAT, could I apply and be admitted into Med School?

View more questions Search