Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starlight1996 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 12:58 AM
    Health Insurance
    I have had an existing kidney condition since I was six years old. I have had to have half of my left kidney removed. I also smoke so it's hard to find affordable health insurance. Do you have any ideas of any companies that will allow me health insurance at affordable price.
    geminisblue79 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight1996
    I have had an existing kidney condition since I was six years old. I have had to have half of my left kidney removed. I also smoke so it's hard to find affordable health insurance. Do you have any ideas of any companies that will allow me health insurance at affordable price.
    If you live in Tennessee, access Tennessee is the best. If you are in a different state I'm not sure
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by geminisblue79
    if you live in tennessee, access tennessee is the best. if you are in a different state i'm not sure
    I have to agree AND disagree, TennCare is very hard to get on these days, for an adult, unless you are pregnant.

However, the chances of this person living in Tenn is minimal.

Aug 1, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Yes the chance is minimal that they are in Tennessee. But just by chance they are, it is helpful to know because I was in a similar situation just a year ago. I have first hand knowledge that access tn insurance is a very good insurance if you have pre-existing medical condition that disquailfies you for regular self pay insurances. It is also not Tenncare insurance, it is a self pay insurance through bluecross blueswhield of TN that is just like regular insurance for the normally uninsurable people because of medical problems.
    Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 07:22 PM
    I am a nurse in the Memphis area. Are you talking about CoverTN for adults who work? Access insurance IS a form of TennCare.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 09:19 PM
    ... does starlight live in TN? Did I miss that?

Starlight, your user id says 1996... does that indicate your birth year?

If you're a student, then your school should be able to have some sort of affordable plan, and if not, depending on your state, there are some really affordable (sometimes free) insurance for students who have no income.

Aug 2, 2008, 10:27 AM
    I had the same thoughts about the access tn insurance till Blue cross/ blueshield of Tn corrected me on it. It is not considered to be part of Tenncare as you must provide proof of medical unissurability, and it is paid for by the person who has the policy just like any other insurance from bluecross blueshield. The insurance is billed asn comes from bluecross and blueshield and is not through Tenncare or the state of Tennessee at all. You can call customer service yourself and ask them if you want the number is1-866-636-0080. Thank you Cover TN is for kids and small businesses, Access TN is for people who cannot get regular insurance because their medical problems disquailfy them and they Do Not qualify for Tenncare or any other insurance in the stste of Tennessee.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Again, we DON'T know that this person lives in Tennessee. So, until we do, the discussion about TennCare is moot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have no health insurance [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has diabetes he is 59 yrs old unemployed as I am presently. Neither one of use have health insurance, I have high blood pressure and we are non-smokers. Is there any health insurance we can buy out there?

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My doctor's office will not release a claim to me with all the necessary information such as the diagnosis code and service code (cpt) because of HIPAA ? I have a self insured plan, the doctor is non-par and will not bill it, and I am trying to get myself paid. How can I get this information ? And...

No health insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just recently discovered a lump. He has no insurance and needs to get a biopsy done right away. He cannot afford the costs, is there any way or anyone to help?

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have never bought private medical cover, critical illness insurance, Loss of earnings insurance, etc. I know that there is various advice and Web sites to help you lower your car insurance, but what, If any, facilities exist to help you shop around for these other types of insurance?...

View more questions Search