Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHERIE_LABAT Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Officer won't follow up on burglary
    My house was broken into 3 months ago. I filed a report with the sheriff's office and they were suppose to question a few suspects. Well after a month and a half I still hadn't heard anything at all. I called and left message after message, never received no response. I finally caught up with the officer investigating my burglary. I found out who broke in my home and I finally talked with the officer and stated what I knew, but I had no actual proof at that time. About 2 weeks later I ran into someone that confirmed who broke into my home. I finally got in touch with the officer he said that the person who was my witness must come in and sign a sworn affidavit. It has since been another month since I got the sworn affidavit. I've been calling 2-3 times a week and the officer has yet to even go question this person. His excuse is he has been busy and he was going to question someone else and make sure they didn't steal my stuff. Well I think the officer is protecting this person.

What can I do about this situation? I feel like I've done more of his job than he has. Who else can I go to in order to retrieve my belongings?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE_LABAT
    My house was broken into 3 months ago. I filed a report with the sheriff's office and they were suppose to question a few suspects. well after a month and a half I still hadnt heard anything at all. I called and left message after message, never received no response. I finally caught up with the officer investigating my burglary. I found out who broke in my home and i finally talked with the officer and stated what i knew, but i had no actual proof at that time. about 2 weeks later I ran into someone that confirmed who broke into my home. I finally got in touch with the officer he said that the person who was my witness must come in and sign a sworn affidavit. it has since been another month since I got the sworn affidavit. I've been calling 2-3 times a week and the officer has yet to even go question this person. his excuse is he has been busy and he was gonna question someone else and make sure they didnt steal my stuff. well I think the officer is protecting this person.

what can I do about this situation? i feel like I've done more of his job than he has. who else can I go to in order to retrieve my belongings?

It is entirely possible that in view of your other legal/Police problems they just aren't interested. I'm an investigator and have found that Affidavits prepared by the parties are remarkably self serving so I'm surprised the Officer would ask you to obtain the Affidavit yourself.

I would go to the person higher on the food chain than the Officer who has been handling this for you - or not handling this for you.

Aug 1, 2008, 01:50 PM
    It is entirely possible that in view of your other legal/Police problems they just aren't interested. I'm an investigator and have found that Affidavits prepared by the parties are remarkably self serving so I'm surprised the Officer would ask you to obtain the Affidavit yourself.

I would go to the person higher on the food chain than the Officer who has been handling this for you - or not handling this for you.

Did I miss something? What other legal/Police problems would you be talking about? I don't recall mentioning anything but the burglary of my home. Let me get this straight,its OK for the police (people who are sworn to serve and protect, and be impartial) to only do the jobs that is of intrerest to them. The jobs that they just aren't interested in then they just go unsolved! IMAGINE THAT! Only in PERRY COUNTY, MS

I guess it is like the old saying goes the "Old Boy System" is alive and strong. As long as your in the "Old Boy System" you can do whatever to whomever, and never have to answer for it. You can play with people and their lives, you can COOK METH, as long as your name is Harry Mitchell Dykes, and your cousin is the sheriff of our fine little community, you can rape, beat and kill if you like as long as your in with "Perry County, MS OLD BOY System." Just try and do it at your home instead of theirs, right. That way its OK.

Just like when you cook meth, and have a fully set up meth lab in Richton, Ms besure to give the"Old Boys"and the cops their fair share That way they won't lock you up.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Did I miss something? What other legal/Police problems would you be talking about? I dont recall mentioning anything but the burglary of my home. Let me get this straight,its ok for the police (people who are sworn to serve and protect, and be impartial) to only do the jobs that is of intrerest to them. The jobs that they just aren't interested in then they just go unsolved! IMAGINE THAT!! Only in PERRY COUNTY, MS

I guess it is like the old saying goes the "Old Boy System" is alive and strong. As long as your in the "Old Boy System" you can do whatever to whomever, and never have to answer for it. You can play with people and their lives, you can COOK METH, as long as your name is Harry Mitchell Dykes, and your cousin is the sheriff of our fine little community, you can rape, beat and kill if you like as long as your in with "Perry County, MS OLD BOY System." Just try and do it at your home instead of theirs, right. that way its ok.

Just like when you cook meth, and have a fully set up meth lab in Richton, Ms besure to give the"Old Boys"and the cops their fair share That way they wont lock you up.

I'm referring to your problems with the mobile home and the Sheriff, going to the Sheriff to stop a default Judgment - the Sheriff wasn't much help those times either, as I recall.

Aug 1, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Believe it or not the mobile home is located in the next county over, which is Forrest County. My dad has went retained me an attorney, so I'm waiting on him to get a court date.
    Any suggestions on what to do about my burglary? Is there someone to contact over the sheriff?
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Believe it or not the mobile home is located in the next county over, which is Forrest County. My dad has went retained me an attorney, so I'm waiting on him to get a court date.
    Any suggestions on what to do about my burglary? Is there someone to contact over the sheriff?

I'd try the County Executive -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much time can you get for burglary of a dewlling? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just went to jail for breaking into a house.We live in Mississippi.and I was wondering how much time he could get? My boyfriend just went to jail or manufactuoring marajuana.we live in Mississippi.it was 6 plants the just started growing an didn't have much weed on them. How much...

Burglary sentencing? [ 2 Answers ]

My b/f has been charged with burglary and is due to be sentenced in crown court, he has admitted the offence(they have cctv) he was caught in one of huddersfields capture houses, he does have a bad criminal record and has been in jail afew times( one quite recent) but has never been charged with...

I want to congratulate Geoff. People, follow his story, things won't allways be bad! [ 2 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search.php?searchid=1958009 Well done to Geoff who has moved on with his life. I suggest those who are going through the pain of a breakup read the above topics in the link. It is proof to us all that we can move on with our lives. Things won't allways be bad! ...

Can I break my lease because of a car burglary [ 1 Answers ]

A bunch of cars were broken into this morning including mine. First for my car but, second time this has happened. Can I break my lease because of this? Is the parking lot considered a common area? The landlord must provide safe conditions to all common areas. Thanks

View more questions Search