Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pebbles613 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 11:20 PM
    Problems Getting Pregnant
    After I stopped taking my pill I stopped getting my period... Its been well over a year since my last period and my OBGYN said there is absolutely nothing wrong... I'm fairly young and still can not get pregnant. I have pains in my lower abdominals from time to time, as well as when I have sex. What might be wrong?
    La Siesta Encantada Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 09:05 AM
    I would suggest going and getting a second OBGYN's opinion. That does not sound normal. I know that it takes a while for the pill to get out of you system but you should not have stopped getting you period. Good luck.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 1, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Not having a period for a year is not normal. It could be nothing, it could be something. Its time to get a second opinion. GL!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Time to find an OB/GYN who will do bloodwork that includes hormone levels. While it's rare, it's not impossible. I didn't have a period for 2 years and I have a wonderful 14 year old daughter. Then I didn't have a period for 7 years, and my son is now 6.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat problems or furnace problems [ 22 Answers ]

Is it possible that a thermostat operates correct all the time except when it reaches the temperature that is set doesn't maintain that temperature?:D I noticed that actually that thermostat gives a signal to the furnace but furnace doesn't turn on but that happens only when thermostat needs to...

Social Problems and Sociological Problems [ 4 Answers ]

Differntiate between social problems and sociological problems

Can a cat have hormonal problems if spayed while pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

My cat, Jilly, is about 2 years old. When she was spayed 1 year ago, she was pregnant. This was 1 week before I adopted her from a shelter. She did not have any hair loss at that time. Shortly, after she came to live with me, my precious little girl began to lick and groom herself excessively...

Is late periods creat problems to become pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

Im trying to have a baby for 2 years.. I get my periods in between 35 to 45 days.. is it a big problem to conceive pregnancy

Stomach problems; eating problems. [ 4 Answers ]

I eat healthy foods, so I know this isn't much of a problem. However, I do have a problem with the way I eat. I will get a full plate of food and only be able to eat a quarter of it and feel very full, while 20 minutes to an hour later, I feel like I haven't eaten in about 10 or 12 hours, that...

View more questions Search