Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Oh, cm...

Godiva.com's having a 50% off sale today.

... apologize to your boyfriend for me ahead of time.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 03:51 PM
    I just got back from the store... Got some cold medicine and ice cream!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Try some antihistamines to dry up the sinus and a decongestant to draw it down and out. Last Sept I caught something from a co worker that I still sort of have. It was wonderful. My face swelled up and it felt that my eyes were little slits and I had a horrible headache. I thought I would have to get a tooth tended to as my teeth hurt. I could not even lift my head off the pillow without my head giving me excruciating pain. Got the decongestant and that helped a heck of a lot. I alternated using the antihistamines and the decongestant throughout the day. Now how many months later I still have remants of this sinus stuff when I wake up in the morning. Did not go to the doctor. I only go if I'm dead (or almost dead). I did get some relief when I put Vicks Vapo Rub on the outside of my sinus on my nose and forehead though. Also got some relief when taking a hot shower inhaling the steam. Also got relief when I used a tea kettle with Vicks in the water and inhaled the steam for about 15 minutes. Sounds like what was going around Ohio last Fall. Don't despair, it's not going away in a few days or weeks, but you WILL get better, trust me. I'm almost cured.

Oh yes, warm compresses on your face helped also.

Put that ice cream down... and smush it into the computer screen at me... I'm on a diet as I happily gained all the weight I lost last summer back over the winter with this danged sinus stuff feeling sorry for myself and indulging.

Feel better CM!!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 05:56 PM
    WHERE'S my ice cream?? Hmmmmm... I've licked the screen here at my end and it doesn't taste anything like ice cream... Wahhhhhhh.

Let me know how's the sinus thingy is going...
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Ugh, I get irritable when sick. My boyfriend got mad that I wouldn't turn the TV down from 13 (not very loud at all) to 2. So he could nap before his next shift. So, he went home. Then calls me and is mad at me that he can't sleep there either cause his mom is vaccuuming. MEN ARE SELFISH!
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Tsk tsk. Doesn't bring chocolate... complains that the TV is too loud... tsk tsk.
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 08:26 PM
    I know... he's a natural born complainer.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Get used to it CM, they don't change. :)

I'm the one with the lung infection, and I waited two weeks before I went to the doctor. I know that you're in the US and have to pay to visit the doc, but if it's the same thing I have you better go. Sweetie I'm miserable, haven't slept in two weeks, nip it in the bud now. :)
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 08:43 PM
    I can't afford a doctor. And the free clinic is closed and they still charge for medicine and tests. I can't afford my car insurance right now so I'm walking to work... Not an easy time for me right now.

And I'm pretty used to him now.
    Pets Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Aw sweetie, I'm sorry. I hope you feel better. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids, including orange juice, use a humidifier (if you have one) and vicks vapo rub.

As for the boyfriend, I know what you mean. I met my hubby when we were both 19, he's still a little bugger but I wouldn't trade him for anything. Wait, maybe for Vin Diesel. :);)
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Yup, he's turd, but I love my bratty Bosnian!! The only thing I would trade him for is another chihuahua!!
    Pets Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:00 PM
    You'd trade him for a dog? Hmmm, interesting. You know, I could get you another chihuahua, I could pull a few strings. I get you the dog, and I take your Bosnian. Does he clean? Does he mow the lawn? How about dog poo pickup and childcare? ;);)
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:03 PM
    LOL... Nah, I wouldn't trade him for a dog, but I definitely wouldn't mind another chi.

He does clean, but only when asked, or sometimes TOLD. We have no lawn, so he doesn't mow, he does his parent's though. He cleans dog poo, and as far as kids, I don't know I've never seen him with children. And he's probably never been around a child that was less than 15.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Want my chi?
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:09 PM
    I thought we already went through this! I DO! Lily is precious!
    Pets Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:14 PM
    CM, want to borrow my kids, test out your boyfriend? They're 9 and 5, boy and girl, Jared and Sydney. Let me know, I'll ship them express. ;);)
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Haha, Maybe in five or so years...
    Pets Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:17 PM
    But, but, they'll be 14 and 10 then. You sure?
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 09:19 PM
    LOL... that's around the time that we are planning kids. I still have three years before I can get my state license for work. And he has two before he gets his Computer Science Degree... Don't want kids with stupid parents!

Although I don't know how much smarter my license will make me :P... You know, I can't get much smarter!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 09:23 PM
    ... hm.. . my lily can be a kid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold and drafty from ceiling mounted cold air return [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a adobe style home built in 2000 with a Single Roof Mounted combined HVAC system in the Albuquerque New Mexico Area. Directly below the HVAC is the only cold air return duct work located in the ceiling of the Hallway on one end of the Home. A single Thermostat for the entire...

Cold Snowblower great, cold dies [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old Tech engine snowblower and it starts great and everything , but recently it has started acting-up it lacks power and dies when warmed-up please help:confused:

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

Cold Air Registers Blowing Cold Air [ 3 Answers ]

Our cold air registers are blowing cold air worse than if the windows were open. The hot air registers blow cold air but not as forceful (maybe because they are 1/3 the size of the returns) This only happens when the furnace is off and we are heating with the wood stoves. We have metal ducting...

View more questions Search