Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cecilmc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 07:59 PM
    AC unit is quick cycling
    My ac unit is cycling on and off quickly. Sometimes in 30 seconds to 1 minute intervals. Also the digital thermostat goes blank during the quick cycling. Could this problem be caused by a faulty thermostat.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Could be a faulty thermostat.
    Thermostat battery.
    Short in wiring.
    Defective 24 volt component

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant AC blower fan motor "quick" cycling [ 11 Answers ]

While running in AC mode or fan ON mode the blower fan keeps cycling on/off contiuously for on off periods from less than a second to several minutes. I figured the motor was overheated (bad windings) so I replaced the motor and capacitor with poor results. It seems to run longer but contiues to...

A/c cycling too often [ 3 Answers ]

Just installd a honeywell thermostat (rth230b) it run until it reaches the set temp. then it shut off then it comes right back on within seconds. Please give some advice on what could be problem. Thanks

Altima Turn Signal Quick cycling [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1999 Altima which the passager side turn signal bulb appears to need replacing.. (Quick cycling). How do I replace the lamps? Do I have to remove the front headlight to get access? Thanks:cool:

Unit Cycling Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my unit for 2years. I set my theromstat at 70 degrees. I am having problems with my unit not cycling during average winter temperature or very cold temperature. My unit will cut on at night around 9-10p.m and will not cycle off until the next day around 9 or 10 in the morning or when the...

Fan Keeps Cycling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier central A/C and a Propane FAG furnace in my basement. The problem is that after the A/C or furnace has shut off, the fans continue to cycle off and on just as if the A/C or furnace was still running.:mad: Sometimes the fans (there is 2 of them, I believe) run continuously and...

View more questions Search