Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Awesome post guys! That summed it all up. I am glad that I have more people knowing what I was talking about.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 12, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Here is a quote from the IMDB synopsis of the plot:
    Batman arrives at the address that the Joker had told him Rachel was at, but when he opens the door, he finds Harvey Dent instead, who screams in despair at having been found instead of Rachel. Gordon arrives at the supposed location for Dent but the warehouse explodes and Rachel is killed. As Batman saves Dent by carrying him out of the warehouse, the explosion ignites the gas that saturated Dent's face, horribly burning it. Dent is taken to Gotham General Hospital. Batman visits Dent in the hospital, and leaves him the two-headed coin that they found at Rachel's site of death. One side of the coin is still shiny, while the other side is scraped and burnt.
    Now, while that is not cannon, it certainly is a pretty decent indicator that Batman was TRICKED into saving Dent over Rachel.

Furthermore, in the Dark Knight script posted by Moomin above, we see that Batman intended to save Rachel. Batman says "Dent knew the risks." (See pages 106 and 107 of the PDF of the script.) That was NOT the final line used in the movie, but it is fairly clear that the writers and director INTENDED for us to see Batman attempt to save Rachel, but instead end up saving Dent. The actual line used in the movie was as Tomder cited:

Gordon: Hey wait! Which one of them are you going after?
    Batman: RACHEL!
    Gordon: We'll get Dent!
    Elliot
    duffybatman2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I don't get where you people are getting this from.

He chose the DA because he felt the DA had a chance to clean up the city. It was a greater good choice!

If you watch it again, the Joker tells Batman that Harvey is at 250 52nd street and Rachel is on Avenue X. Later, you see Gordon saying all available units to 250 52nd street, verifying that they are indeed on the way to save Harvey. When Two-Face abducts Gordon's family, he tells him that he has them where his family died. 250 52nd street; thus the Joker lied about their locations.
    keyai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 01:49 AM
    The Joker Told Batman that Rachelle was at address 1 and that Harvey was at address 2.
    When in fact Rachelle was at address 2 and Harvey address 1.

Basically The joker knew that batman would go after Rachelle and tricked him by telling him the opposite addresses.

If you re watch the movie the whole interrogation scene joker mentions how he noticed a thing between batman and Rachelle, and later when batman finds Harvey instead of Rachelle.

So to answer your question with a simple simple answer, he choose Rachelle but the joker tricked him into going to Harvey.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 05:36 AM

Yes, this was all resolved months ago. Thank you everyone for the verification!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

40's batman type character. [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a program long ago about superheroes movies of a batman looking costumed character who fought mad scientist those sorts of badguys it was black and white maybe from the late 30's or early 40's... I think he had a cape or not and the ears of his cowl leaned over..? any ideas..

Batman The Dark Knight [ 53 Answers ]

Holy... mother... of... Just got back from the midnight viewing... Just my $0.02... the most anticipated movie of the year, and often voted the best movie of the year... and I don't disagree. EVERYTHING about this movie kicked left butt. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.!

Where is the knight of my heart? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it my fault that everybody consider me as a good friend no matter what or worse they are not in relationship mood? I try so much to find the one (I'm not obsessed) but I cannot. I know that the more we're after something then it doesn't come. All I want is someone to make me feel loved. Where is...

View more questions Search