Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosiern Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2006, 08:04 PM
    Windows XP Home vs XP PRO
    What are the differences between Windows XP for Home Use, and Windows XP Professional? Does the professional version have anything more than the home edition, and if so, what does it have?
    Thank you!
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 10, 2006, 08:42 PM
    Generally speaking, XP Pro has extra administrative, networking, and support tools that are not part of XP Home.

The Microsoft website actually has a good comparison showing you lots of the details in their difference.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/h...choosing2.mspx

Personally, I prefer XP Pro, only because I am used to the networking aspects of it, and I hate that XP Home doesn't support the same Administrative shares that XP Pro uses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Activate Windows XP Home [ 11 Answers ]

Recently installed Windows XP Home edition ON work computer Do not have Internet world wide web access Receive prompt Have 11 days left to activate Windows XP What will happen if I do not activate

HELP! Windows xp home network setup problems [ 2 Answers ]

When I run the network setup wizard it freezes at the part where it configures the computer - it won't complete the setup and I don't know how to make it!! HELP!! :confused:

Problem with windows xp home upgrade [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to share files on a work group no domain(if fails,will try that later),I can see and share files from the home upgrade to xp pro but can't access from xp full install to upgrade? Printers work fine on both but can't dee files from xp pro full? Linksys 4 port DSL connection Tried...

Windows xp home edition [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I found out you can't install friend's xp! Bought new one and installed. (Installed fresh, not repair). NOW, not all of the time, but about half the time or a little more, it won't load up right and keeps re-starting and then I have to put it in safe mode and restore it to a previous day to...

Map home drive on a Mac environment from WIndows 2000 Server [ 0 Answers ]

Hopefully some one can help me I am using WIndows 2000 Server and have created user accounts on active directory. The lab which the user are going to access this server are using emacs running OS 10.2 & 10.3. I am trying to give user a home directory in which they can save work. -I need a...

View more questions Search