Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ivets Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Jul 31, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Expensive Dental work
    Hello,

I have gotten a lot of work done on my teeth and have maxed out my insurance. I never knew that Dental Insurance Companies will only cover up to $1500 (at least with my plan) per year. I have gotten a Root Canal and two crowns done so I am maxed out. I also have a Flex Spending Plan, however it will not cover the extent of the work that I need done.

Do Colleges do dental work for cheaper? I need a lot of work done.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Yes they do dental work much cheaper. Depends on what you still need done. I'd call them and see if they can accommodate you and your needs. It would work if a college was nearby and you could take advantage of their services.
    Ivets Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Jul 31, 2008, 10:55 AM
    The only real work I need done now is crowns. I'm paying to have a bridge done and will use all of my flex spending plan once the process is over. Thank you for the quick response!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 11:06 AM
    You can add more money to your flex plan also. But yes all dental policies that I know of have maxes, some 1000, some 2000 and so on.

But yes some of the dental schools do things cheaper
    ibuskids Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Dental schools do things cheaper, but I'd be a little uneasy having anything major done by a student. That's just me... I would look to see when your new calendar year starts for your dental plan. Maybe it's sooner than you think and you could proceed once the new calendar year starts? Good luck.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 03:04 PM
    One thing about dental schools is that the student doesn't get a passing grade unless the work is perfect. If something isn't right, the prof makes them redo it (I've seen it happen at University of Western Ontario) and it will continue to be redone until it's perfect.
    Be prepared though to spend lots of time in the chair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No insurance dental work [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 53 year old woman who is on disability. I have medicare, but no other insurance. I am not eligible for medicaid. I need dental work done, extensive dental work and eye glasses. Are there any facilities around that does dental or vision care for free? If not for free, then at a more...

12 year old has to pay [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter knocked part of her front tooth out during school 2 years ago. The part which came off was able to be stuck back on by dentists and the top part of tooth actually started to grow. Two years on she has had 2 bouts of infection in this tooth both needing antibiotics and the last one...

Is this too much of an expensive present [ 18 Answers ]

My boyfriends birthday is coming up next week.. he told me he wanted an mp3 player like thing and when we looked online we looked at a zune I think that was the name.. my birthday was about a month ago and he didn't know what to get me so he got me two huge bottles of purfume and took me to...

DEntal work while pregnant ?// [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get my dental work( filling and crown and root canal) done while pregnant? I am in early stage of pregnancy( just couple weeks). Is it o.k to get locan anesthesia while pregnant?

Dental work [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 28 year old single mother of two. I need a lot of dental work and I have no dental insurance and cannot afford to have this work done. Almost all of my teeth are broken down to the gum and they always hurt. I think what hurts most is that I cannot smile or laugh anymore. I hate talking face...

View more questions Search