Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Aug 4, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Since this topic really belongs on the Christianity Board, then I guess it is here because the questioner want opinions other than Christian opinions.

There is no judgement day by an invisible GodAlmighty, dream, because there is no GodAlmighty.....he is a character in ancient Jewish folklore and myth. In fact, there is no reason to believe that there is life after death, a strange idea, if you ask me!
    This is exactly what this is your SUBJECTIVE OPINION.. not based on fact
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 4, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Free, if you want an excellent read on heaven/eternity/judgement look at reading "Driven by Eternity" by John Bevere
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 4, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Originally Posted by FreeDream
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDream
    ... IF there is a judgement day to be had .
    Response Credendovidis to that :
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    IF ... That is precisely the point ... The odds are very, very small there ever will be one ... And Pascals Wager actually shows that the odds in favor of "judgment day" are much smaller than most Christians think they are ...
    Walakum Salamat , Free !
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    According to what researched data do you make this claim?
    My response to sassyT :

What else than very low odds are there that "there is a judgement day to be had"??
    Where is the objective supporting evidence for such a judgment day?
    All you have is empty unsupported religious claims!!
    I am not going to do your homework, dear ! Do that yourself ! The odds are very, very small that you ever will prove me wrong...

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·

Aug 4, 2008, 01:12 PM
    And cred what if you are wrong and you end up spending an eternity (forever) in darkness, separation, desperation, etc

Aug 4, 2008, 01:13 PM
    AND wouldn't you rather believe in it and be wrong than not believe in it and be wrong

Aug 4, 2008, 01:19 PM
    :rolleyes:

What else than very low odds are there that "there is a judgement day to be had" ???
    Where is the objective supporting evidence for such a judgment day?
    All you have is empty unsupported religious claims !!!
    I am not going to do your homework, dear ! Do that yourself ! The odds are very, very small that you ever will prove me wrong ...

·

I disagree, the odds that there is no Judgement day are very very small. Where is the objective supported evidence that judgement day will not happen?
    All you have is wild empty claims that are not backed by any research data or OSE...
    I am not going to do your homework eighter dear Cred. You can do that yourself. If you are going to claim that the likely hood of a future evident is "very very small" you better have some data to supports such claims.. So please prove me wrong if you can
    Otherwise your claims are nothing but HOT AIR subjective opinions not facts.. . lol

Aug 4, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    AND wouldn't you rather believe in it and be wrong than not believe in it and be wrong

Lol... that's what smart people do... I don't know about cred. :confused:
    -

Aug 4, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    .... the odds that there is no Judgement day are very very small. Where is the objective supported evidence that judgement day will NOT happen?
    Sorry sassyT : you know about the differences on proving positive and negative statements.
    You may claim there will be a judgment day. But without any objective supporting evidence for that positive claim I say that the odds of that ever happeneing are very very small indeed !

Success with your objective supporting evidence for judgment day ! I'll react on it as soon as I seen it posted !

:D :D :D :D :D

ý
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 06:33 PM
    and cred what if you are wrong and you end up spending an eternity (forever) in darkness, seperation, desperation, etcAND wouldn't you rather believe in it and be wrong than not believe in it and be wrong
    Cred0 makes it quit clear he isn't into Paqual's wager so the answer is NO
    I got that right don't I Cred0??
    -

Aug 4, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Cred0 makes it quit clear he isn't into Paqual's wager so the answer is NO
    I got that right don't I Cred0???
    Pascal's wager is based on assumptions that could backfire against those who insist that only their own "christian" version of "God" can be true.
    If - a very big IF - there is a supranatural entity called God, why should it be the Christian version? Why not the Islamic god, or one of the Hinduist god(s), or an entire other one?

·
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Like I said I ain't into that Pascal's wager stuff God knows your heart whether you are Christian, Islamic, Hinduist, atheist, or an entire other one
    -

Aug 5, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Like I said I ain't into that Pascal's wager stuff God knows your heart whether you are Christian, Islamic, Hinduist, atheist, or an entire other one
    One of my points too, Nohelp4u! An "omniscient" entity that would not notice that people just fake belief and faith to get passed final judgment would not be omniscient, is it not?
    And if that "omniscient" claim fails, what else fails? Supra-natural? Benevolent?
    One more step and it is fails to be "creator" and "judge" in that final episode.

:D

·

Aug 5, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Pascal's wager is based on assumptions that could backfire against those who insist that only their own "christian" version of "God" can be true.
    If - a very big IF - there is a supranatural entity called God, why should it be the Christian version? Why not the Islamic god, or one of the Hinduist god(s), or an entire other one?

·

Do you discount the Bible as being true and accurrate?

If so, is that why you "laugh" at the thought or belief of God and Jesus talked about in the Bible.

Just want to know what your thoughts are so I know where you are coming from; if you don't want to I understand.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 08:01 AM
    He discounts there even being a God---we were formed from one cell amoebas dontcha know!
    -

Aug 5, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Do you discount the Bible as being true and accurrate?
    The Bible is a book written by people with perhaps the best of intentions, but it is not the word of God - if such an entity actually exists.

If so, is that why you "laugh" at the thought or belief of God and Jesus talked about in the Bible.
    I do not laugh at that at all. I laugh at the hypocrisy and religious arrogance by so many here on this board.

Just want to know what your thoughts are so I know where you are coming from; if you don't want to I understand.
    Just ask and I will answer you. I have no need for hiding away my views.

:)

=====
    ·

He discounts there even being a God---
    Wrong as usual... I QUESTION the religious claim as to God's existence. Based on the lacking supporting evidence the conclusion would be valid that "God" does not seem to exist. And I note that so far I have never seen any objective supported evidence towards that "God's" existence.

---we were formed from one cell amoebas dontcha know!?
    No, we are not formed from "one cell amoebas". All lifeforms on earth - including your "one cell amoebas" - share the same section of DNA that was inherited from one of the "first cells" . So all life on earth descends from that "first cell".

And please note, Nohelp : I can assure you that I can answer questions directed at me myself, without your "assistance"...

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :o

·
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 09:32 AM

No, we are not formed from "one cell amoebas". All lifeforms on earth - including your "one cell amoebas" - share the same section of DNA that was inherited from one of the "first cells" . So all life on earth descends from that "first cell".

And please note, Nohelp : I can assure you that I can answer questions directed at me myself, without your "assistance" ...

But if I hadn't said it the way I understood you to say it before then you would not have corrected the way I understood it. Since I answered what I understood you to say you clarified it for me... I think :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aug 5, 2008, 10:19 AM
    The Bible is a book written by people with perhaps the best of intentions, but it is not the word of God - if such an entity actually exists.

I do not laugh at that at all. I laugh at the hypocrisy and religious arrogance by so many here on this board.

Just ask and I will answer you. I have no need for hiding away my views.

=====
    ·

Wrong as usual .... I QUESTION the religious claim as to God's existence. Based on the lacking supporting evidence the conclusion would be valid that "God" does not seem to exist. And I note that so far I have never seen any objective supported evidence towards that "God's" existence.

And please note, Nohelp : I can assure you that I can answer questions directed at me myself, without your "assistance" ...

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :o

·
    I cannot as a human prove to you that God exists; why don't you ask God himself to prove that He exists and be open to the response you receive.
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Aug 5, 2008, 10:35 AM
    I will make just one statement and be done...

Every human will believe or not believe in what they wish. That, my friends, is called Free Will. An admirable trait we are given at conception. No one can convince someone that does not believe to believe if they do not have the Will to want to believe.

But I can offer you this, if you believe in a God then when the time comes that we are all with Him, we will see if the ones that didn't believe come to join us. If not, it is not our problem, it is God's. Forcing a belief or beliefs on someone is not the way to go.

I leave with this... and I apologize Cred if you take this the wrong way...

By acknowledging an unbelief in one, you are still acknowledging the thought of one. It is simply up to you to decide if you choose to BELIEVE in one. And up to believers to love, accept and honor that decision.
    -

Aug 5, 2008, 02:10 PM
    .....I think.....
    No problem Linda. BTW : I like your birdie !

================================================== ========

I cannot as a human prove to you that God exists
    Of course you can't. Nobody can prove supra-natural deities to exist !

... why don't you ask God himself to prove that He exists
    Why would I? Why would anyone ask someone who is incommunicado to prove that "he" exist?

... and be open to the response you receive.
    So I should be open to an answer by someone who is incommunicado ?

Quote Originally Posted by achampio21
    I leave with this... and I apologize Cred if you take this the wrong way...
    No need at all to apologize for that, Champ!! You may believe from me whatever you like. And of course so may I!!

Quote Originally Posted by achampio21
    It is simply up to you to decide if you choose to BELIEVE in one.
    Wrong : it is simply NOT up to anyone to decide if he/she chooses to BELIEVE in something or not. One does not DECIDE to believe something or not. Although outside influences can change someone's perception and ideas, belief is not something that you easily can influence.

Beliefs of any type require lot's of time to grow or change. Political beliefs are a good example of that : over a life time most people change from social/liberal to liberal/conservative.

So I disagree with your suggestion that "it is simply up to you to decide if/what you choose to believe" !

·

Aug 6, 2008, 07:01 AM

Why would I? Why would anyone ask someone who is incommunicado to prove that "he" exist?

Why wouldn't you? Where does your assumption that He is incommunicado come from?

God wants to know you and have a relationship with you; He will show up if you ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beliefs of Hinduism [ 1 Answers ]

What are the central beliefs of Hinduism?

Central Beliefs [ 3 Answers ]

What are the central beliefs of Islam, and how are they reflected in the "Five Pillars

President beliefs [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, so I can't really find anything on what these presidents believed in politicaly, so yeah could u help me out? Name- Political Beliefs- George Washington- _____________ John Adams- _____________ Thomas Jefferson- _____________ James Madison- _____________ James Monroe- _____________...

Almost the same beliefs [ 5 Answers ]

Ive been reading the conversation Orange was having (sorry,Iforgot with who) I'm really enlightened to find out that Jews believe in an afterlife; this shaol u speak of where they wait for a messiah when they die. The Jews I've known pretty closely always gave the impression that they were "really"...

Changing beliefs [ 26 Answers ]

I am 26 and Jewish. I was raised partially by my family but mostly in several foster homes, with each one being of a different religious persuasion. First I was in a home where I went to a Chabad school (orthodox jews). In this home, we prayed and studied the torah every day, kept glatt kosher, I...

View more questions Search