Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sierra15235 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 10:07 AM
    No hot water pressure in kitchen sink
    Hi. I have an old kitchen faucet. I replaced the valve stem to the hot water side because it continually dripped. I had to get this part at the specialty store because it is so old. Anyway, I replaced that faucet was fine. Just the other day the hot water ended up having no pressure. I used it then went back to use it again and it was like that. I have no idea what is wrong. The cold water is fine. Any ideas how I can fix this?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 03:01 PM
    What brand is your faucet, single handle or two handle, Thanks.

John
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Sorry it is two handles, what brand please is your faucet?

Jul 31, 2008, 03:23 PM
    I'm sorry I have no idea what brand the faucet is. I was looking when I had to replace the valve stem and had no luck finding the brand.. I just know it is old according to the guy I bought the stem from.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Did you replace both stems or only one, please double check your angle valves under the sink if they are fully open, Thanks.

John

Jul 31, 2008, 03:33 PM
    I only changed the hot water side and that was about 3 weeks ago. The cold water was changed like 3 years ago. I don't even have anything under the sink that I can control the water or anything I have to go to the basement to turn the water off or on.

Jul 31, 2008, 03:34 PM
    My brother checked both lines yesterday and said they were both all the way open.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Hi sierra,

It looks like you have some fragments left in the faucet from the old cartridges, Do this close both shut off valves remove the cartridges, open the shut off valve slowly one at time for few seconds, install the cartridges and check if it works, Good luck.

John

Jul 31, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Hi. Could you tell me what the cartridges are? Are they the valve stems on the faucet? I don't know what a cartridge is sorry please help.

Jul 31, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Hi. I have a compression type faucet not a cartridge.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 05:42 PM
    Hi sierra,

When you changed the hot water side did you Shut off the water and how did it do the same thing S/O the water and remove the one you installed 3 weeks ago and open the water for a second and install it see what happens, Good Luck,

John
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Sierra,

The compression type are the angle vales which your brother checked he said the are fully open nuder the sink and cartridge is the one you changed on the hot side 3 weeks ago, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure in kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

We recently tapped into the hot water pipe for a basement bathroom. After doing so the hot water pressure in my single handled faucet is much lower. None of the other hot water in the house has been affected. I think the pipe we tapped into is the pipe that only supplies the kitchen sink and...

Low water pressure kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

My cold water pressure is dripping out of my kitchen sink. The rest of the house is fine. Now my hot water pressure is doing the same thing. What should I do?

Low hot water pressure in kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Make/Model - Moen with Charlotte piple Was out of the country for 8 months and on my return the hot water pressure in kitchen sink is very low. Cold water is fine. It's a one handle faucet. I've read several of the discussions but don't seem to know where to start from. People mentioned cleaning...

Low Hot Water Pressure in Kitchen Sink [ 10 Answers ]

Recently the hot water pressure has gone down only in our kitchensink. A day or two earlier, ew had to turn our water off for some unrelated plumbing work, and when we turned it back on, the hot water pressure was significantly lower, but only in the kitchen (the bathroom tubs and sinks all have...

Kitchen Sink Water Pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I attempted to change out my kitchen sink sprayer hose, when I turned the water back on I get ver little water pressure from either hot or cold water.

View more questions Search