Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chazsgang Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2004, 04:24 AM
    Internet Explorer Question
    Hi folks,

I am :-[embarrassed to ask this question but have to, can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

I have been with AOL for 4 - 5 years and have just changed to BT. This means that I now use internet explore 6 instead of AOL browser. In AOL I could open up a site then minimises it and open up another etc, I could do this as many times as I wanted and keep minimising them and returning to each one when I wanted. I can't seem to do this in IE6. When I open a site/page then I can't see anywhere to minimise and open another, so have to type in new address and new window opens up replacing old one. I know you can use the back button to return but I wanted to minimise them if possible. Can this be done, I'm sure its staring me in face but can't figure it out.

I know its probably an easy/silly question but I have always used AOL and never IE. I have tried looking everywhere on net and this site but can't find an answer. Would appreciate your help and if anyone knows of a site with an easy guide to IE would be grateful for the address.

Thanks

Charllie
    tadds Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2004, 11:09 AM
    Re: Internet Explorer Question
    You need to double-click the IE icon from your Windows desktop (or quick launch bar) to get another browser window.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2004, 12:54 PM
    Re: Internet Explorer Question
    If IE will not open a link in a new window when you right or middle click on it, dump it and get a browser that will. You are not limited to Microsoft products. Try Mozilla Foxfire or Opera, http://www.mozilla.org/. I am using Konqueror, but I don't know if a Windows version is available. Using other browsers popups, spyware, and adware may not work as well. Dump Outlook, and many viruses may not work at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer Question [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone I am new to this website and I hope to be of help as well as receive help. My question is this... When you open I.E> 6.0 you can have a "links" bar showing which has some of your most common websites there that you have dragged onto that bar. You can then right click on the...

Internet explorer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm having a problem with my internet explorer browser every time I'm on a web page and I click on the internet explorer icon to bring up a new internet explorer the first page keep changing ,I'm using windows xp this is the fist time I'm seeing this how can I fix it please .thanks in advance

Internet explorer 6 [ 2 Answers ]

I got the system with win98SE platform. It got a IE 5in it. Now, I want to upgrade it to IE 6. But, whenever I down load the installation file from the Microsoft site which is for 436 kb & when I run it, it tells, previous installation is not completed & restart the machine to install IE6. So, I...

Internet Explorer [ 4 Answers ]

When ever I try to open a site such as Yahoo,Google I get a popup window that ask me what to use to open it with,When In click on IE and OK it will open. How do I get it to open all the time without doing this extra. Its something new? :confused:

Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have IE installed on mu PC running on windows 2000 but it does not open. I thought let me remove IE and re-install but I am unable to see ADD/Remove programs on the control panel. Any idea what is the problem. I can open Yahoo messenger and msn messenger.

View more questions Search