Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james55555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Thermostat missing
    I just moved to a new home and the thermostat is missing
    There are 5 wires coming out of the wall orange, red, blue, green and white can anyone tell me how to connect a new thermostat? The new thermostat is a Honeywell rth7000 it has c, g, y, w, rc and r any help? This is a Trane air handler.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Is this a heat pump system?

Brand and model of equipment?
    james55555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Is this a heat pump system?

Brand and model of equipment?
    It's a trane air handler and a Honeywell RTH7000 thermostat
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 03:27 PM
    (quote) Thermostat missing

Are you sure you looked everywhere? :) sorry pun intended

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changed over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I have changed over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. Did all the correct wiring as stated in the books but when set to cool, the heater kicks on instead of the central air conditioning. What...

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

Thermostat turns on furnace and then thermostat shuts back to HOLD [ 7 Answers ]

I believe that when we re-run the program with the correct date and time, if the temp has to go up, the furnace runs until it gets the appropriate temp, then it turns off and when it does that, the thermostat also turns off going to the HOLD state.:confused:

Replacing Analog Thermostat with Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing Analog thermostat with White, Yellow, Red, & Black wiring with non-programmable digital thermostat Model #RTH3100C. Please help!!

Hooking up a new thermostat but old thermostat has a white and a black wire? [ 2 Answers ]

Everything I look at indicates a white and red wire for the connecting wires. Our thermostat is probably original to our home (1943). It has two wires. It is difficult to tell but it looks like one is a white wire and the other is black. I've tried looking on the internet for some info however...

View more questions Search