Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glow Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2006, 05:27 PM
    So torn. Can anyone relate?
    I am having issues. My ex boyfriend / friend in a different state searched for me for 3 years and found me 3 weeks ago. We haven't seen eachother in a decade, but he felt strongly like he had to find me. At first I didn't know what to think because I have been married for four years. I feel such a strong connection to him that I don't have with my husband. We broke up in the first place because we were young and dumb. We have both grown into cool people and feel so strongly in our guts for eachother. It makes me sick to feel this way since I am married, but I can't help how I feel. I am not a bad person and don't want to hurt my family. I will add that I have never cheated in my life. My husband wants me to stop chatting with him (understandably) or it will ruin our marriage. I know it seems insensitive for me not to stop, but it's not fair to me because I don't like to be controlled. I might as well be a robot otherwise. I just think there may be a reason why this all happened and I can't ignore it if it's fate. I don't want to hurt anyone and am so torn. Another thing is my husband and I are so different and don't have many experiences in common at all. It was the opposites attract thing. I just don't know if that's enough. My ex gives me something inside that I don't get with hubby and that is why I can't ignore it. Does anyone understand me?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Hi, glow,
    I think I answered this in another category, or it might be the same question in the same category.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Did you feel that way about your husband before the ex found you? What have YOU done to improve the bond between the two of you after 5 years? Do you talk with him about your feelings or just blame him for not putting that warm fuzzy feeling in your belly? Just asking because it takes 2 to have a relationship and if an ex can just show up and have you thinking more about him than working on your marriage then I think you should talk to a professional as soon as possible! If your ex is trying to pursue you after he found out your married what does that say about him? What does it say about you since you're the one who "let him in the door " instead of nipped it in the bud like a good wife should! Get help please I don't think your husband and children deserve this kind of betrayal!:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Torn over journal [ 17 Answers ]

Thanks everyone.

Torn about my ex-gf [ 7 Answers ]

I broke up with my girlfriend about 5 months ago. We broke up mainly because she was starting a new school and would be very busy. We both still had feelings for each other, and there were some moments after the break up where we almost did get back together, but for some reason or another...

View more questions Search