Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spankieone Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Trying To Find Daughter But Do Know Last Name or SS #
    My daughter Stephanie Dawn Campbell called me from a Battered Women's Shelter in 1984 and I've not seen her since. She was born in 1969 in Charlotte, NC and at that time children were not automatically assigned a SS# so she did not have one at the time she left home. She has married since I seen her last but I don't if it's been more than once, so I do not know her current last name. This sounds hopeless to me and I want to know if it is?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Might not be hopeless. However, is there a possible reason that she might not have been in contact with you? It would be helpful for us to know that.

Using the following site may be of help to you. Most of the time, where people have lived, presently live, and who their relations have been are listed on it. Lots of times, there are also ages of the persons listed. But, I find that the age is usually listed as being a year older than the person actually is. All of the forgoing information is free to find. If you want to pay a small fee, you might be able to find some other things about the person for whom you are searching.

The Web's Largest People Search by Background Check, Public Records Search, E-Mail Address - Find People and Search Business at PeopleFinders.com

Thanks!

Jul 31, 2008, 11:27 AM
    I believe that she thinks I don't care to see her. When she asked me for help the last time I talked to her from the Women's Battered Home I asked her to call me back the next day and I would help her. I never heard from her again. She did come by with her boyfriend/husband? But I was at work. Her companion told my husband it was wrong how I had beat my daughter when she was young. I know she talked with my son a few times but he said he hasn't talked with her for years. I'm not sure if she ever talks with her father and my only contact with him is through my son who has never mentioned that she has for some time now. I do know she was on t.v. one time where she was shown having a baby. My brother happened to see it and came over to my home and congratulated me on becoming a grandmother.

I've tried the link you suggested before and paid for a one time search, but nothing matched completely and the one time I thought it did I wrote a letter to the address and it was returned.

My husband is a policeman and we tried her birthday but with no luck. Without a last name or SS# I keep hitting a brick wall.

Thank you for your help.

Can I get any info from a government department where I could check for marriages or anything that could get me the new last name?
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Jul 31, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Maybe this could help: in 2007 a Stephanie Dawn Campbell was on a Science Honours List
    3rd year for Dean's Honours & Prize List, Fall 2007. This was at University of Prince Edward Island and only last year! This stephani is from charlotte too, so could this be her?!

Maybe call the college and get her # or something?

P.S. All I did was Google the name

Jul 31, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Thank you for your help.
    She would be 39 years old and having at least 3 children I'm not sure it would be very likely but I could always check. Also I'm pretty sure that her last name is no longer Campbell and that is where my real problem begins, not knowing her last name or SS#.

Thanks again for this tip.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Jul 31, 2008, 12:10 PM
    She could have gone back to school and it would be strange coincidence if it wasn't her. Because they both have the same first, middle, and last name and they both live in the same area

Good Luck :)

Jul 31, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Thanks again for your answer. The name is exactly the same as hers except I pretty sure her last name is not the same as her birth name. I agree with you she definitely could have went back to school to get her high school diploma and then on to college. It couldn't hurt to check it out and I will since there is a chance of some kind.
    Thanks again!

Jul 31, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Hi, I just checked out the school and the Stephanie Dawn Campbell at the school is from Charlottetown and it would have to be Charlotte, NC. It was worth the try and thanks again.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 10:24 PM
    Are any of these people in her immediate family:
    Keith J. Campbell
    Andre Campbell
    Carol Campbell
    farmgirlmo Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2008, 11:33 AM
    I have a subscription to a website that has North Carolina records on it.

If you want to provide an exact bdate, what county she was born in, year that she was shown on TV having a baby, parent's names, etc... anything you are comfortable sharing either the public forum or private mail, I'll see what I can find.

Why was she shown on TV having a baby? Where I am from, unless it was something really unusual, they don't show births on TV. Could you maybe check with the TV station that showed it? Maybe they have some archives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter trying to find her dad [ 10 Answers ]

My name is michelle C. I'm 22 and have been looking for my dad since I was well probably 17 His name is rick napper if anyone knows him or can help me contact him please let me know... :(

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Find My Daughter How ? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I locate my daughter, She is now 21 going on 22 but have hade no contact since she was 3 as her mum never volunteered info on this subject?

How can I find my daughter [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for my daughter who is now 17 me and her mum broke up when she was just 18mths old and I've not been able to see her since but now I have another family I would love to get in touch with her any ideas how to find her her name is cassandra birch

View more questions Search