Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Jul 30, 2008, 08:47 PM
    Pain all over mainly in legs!
    I want to know if anyone else has this problem. Pain in my neck, back, hiip, and legs.. almost everywhere and it seems like nothing helps Ideas on what to do to help w/ pain. :confused:
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Pain is such a vague notion that I can't really help you much until we discuss it further.

Are you on any meds? Do you have any injuries? Are you allergic to anything? Are you just generally physically fit and you have this problem?

What kind of pain is it? Dull, sharp, throbbing, ongoing? Does anything alleviate this pain? Do you have pain in your joints? Have you recently been in high elevation or low elevation? Have you been taking any sort of painkiller for this sort of pain?

Jul 31, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Pain-burning, cramping, weakness also. Yes I am on many meds Cymbalta, Effexor, Lithium, Klonipin, Lortab, Percocet, Baclofen, Vitamin D, Does seem like nothing helps when it is extremely bad I try my pain meds and stuff and heat. I have pain in my joints almost everyone from the waist down. No high elevation or low. Hope this helps with you trying to help me
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Did you get tested for lyme
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 06:26 PM
    To help you better it would be helpful to know your clinical diagnoses.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Every individual has to get plenty of exercise in order to feel as well as they can for their age.

Every day you can walk starting at one mile a day and building up to 4-5 five miles. If you want, you can take a friend with you or listen to music. Swing your arms and stand up straight.

You can mix that up with cycling every other day. Start at 10 miles and work your way to a desired goal. Cycling can be social too. :)

My best wishes to you,

Aug 1, 2008, 07:47 PM
    I tried to get tested for lymes but when they did they sent it in the wrong vial and have never asked my PCP again. Maybe I should I am not sure what all my rheumo tested me for. I need to call and ask if they tested me for lymes... for the next comment---- My clinical diagnosis is Chronic pain and neuropathy of the legs... for the next comment-----I would have to start a lot lower than that I stand on my feet all day long at work and they are extremely tired by the time I get home so a mile would be a lot and 10 mile cycle would be way too much but I know that I need to get off my butt and exercise some
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Do you have good shoes? Do you wear support hose? Time to get the Lyme retested. Are you sure that you have not been taking these drugs for so long that you have become immune to the dosage, and need a higher dosage? Indicating possible addiction.

**EDIT** You have to take your health in your own hands. If you did not ask your PCP to retest, then he/she probably won't.

You know it's impossible for us to diagnose over the internet. We can't do the necessary physical exam, medical history, or lab work necessary to help you out.

Aug 2, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Well I see him on Tuesday I will ask them again about it has been almost a year since I started getting the weakness and stuff in my legs and I am just ready for change
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Cycling is perfect for you--I can't stress enough how important active exercise is for generating a feeling of well-being.

You have to make fun for yourself so your life isn't all work and negativity. It isn't as hard as you might imagine.

My best wishes to you. :)
    dwcasey Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Do you have good shoes? Do you wear support hose? Time to get the Lyme retested. Are you sure that you have not been taking these drugs for so long that you have become immune to the dosage, and need a higher dosage? Indicating possible addiction.

**EDIT** You have to take your health in your own hands. If you did not ask your PCP to retest, then he/she probably won't.

You know it's impossible for us to diagnose over the internet. We can't do the necessary physical exam, medical history, or lab work necessary to help you out.

Needing to increase a dosage of medication does not necessarily indicate possible addiction - more like she has built up a tolerance, especially if she has been on them a long time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breast pain, lower abdomin pain [ 15 Answers ]

I was supposed to ovulated on Feb. 4th, and my husband and I had sex 5 days in a row with Feb. 4th being the 3rd out of the 5 days. It is now the 18th and my breast are so sore, and have been for about 4 days now, I have to sleep with a bra on for support. I wear a size 40DD so when I don't have...

Pain in legs [ 2 Answers ]

Over the past few days, I've been getting pain in my legs. Its extremely mild, and usually only lasts on-and-off for about 15 minutes. Sometimes its knee pain, but sometimes it's a different kind of pain (similar toa mildly sprained ankle) that runs from my groin to my knee. The pain's really...

Pain in legs since pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

Since birth of my first child seven months ago I have had pain and coldness in lower legs. I had a normal pregnancy and vaginal birth with no drugs. Any idea what this could be?

Pain and coldness in lower legs [ 0 Answers ]

Since I gave birth to my first child seven months ago, I have had coldness and pain in my lower legs. I started with numbness in heels of my feet at 8 1/2 months pregnant but that seemed to have subsided but the coldness and the pains didn't start until 2 weeks after birth of my child. I had...

View more questions Search