Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nfettigc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Only hot and cold no warm water
    We have only been able to get either really hot water or some cold water from our shower no warm water, also the cold does seem to have a little less pressure but only in our shower.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 09:20 PM
    If you have two handle shower faucet than you may have loose washer at cold water stem. If you have pressure controlled faucet than your balancing piston is probably not engaging properly.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 04:09 AM
    Hi Nfettigc:

See if you can tell us the name on the shower valve. Also, is this a TUB/SHOWER valve and if so how is water temp. out the tub spout? How many handles, and approximately how old is the valve... ok?

Then we can try to help...

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do about guy who's warm one minute and cold the next? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... so this might be kind of long but here goes: so I dated this guy for like seven months, we were really close attached at the hip; you know how the story goes, well he broke up with me for a few reasons which from what I've been told was more to push me away than anything, well, we didn't...

Upstairs Bathroom Sink - Cold water tab runs very warm for first 30 seconds. [ 14 Answers ]

I do not know much about plumbing. I live in the USA. I have a 60 gallon gas water heater. My problem started maybe a month or two ago. In the bathroom sink of my home's second story the cold water in the sink will run very warm (almost hot) for the first 30 seconds. After that it goes back to...

Always cold-can't get warm? [ 1 Answers ]

This question is actually for my mom. She had gastric bypass surgery over 4 years ago and is doing great. She was never a cold natured person before, even after losing over 125 lbs. but in the last six months it seems that she can't get warm. On a typical day she wears pantyhose, long johns, and...

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

View more questions Search