Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cardfan404 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2006, 10:35 AM
    Custody
    Custody question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had custody of my son for 7 years now (he is 17 now)
    For the last three we have lived in Florida
    The judge in Pennsylvania granted the relocation against my ex's wishes

The question is my son does not want to visit her for two months this summer like she requested...
    The order states 4-6 weeks... my son has a job and does not want to lose it
    Problem:my ex has threatened to take me back to court in pa. if I do not give
    Her 8 weeks

Would not the Florida court's have juristication over this? Since I have lived her since 2003

Help I do not know which way to turn
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 10, 2006, 10:47 AM
    You need to turn to the attorney that handled the divorce. Its possible that, at 17, your son would be considered old enough to decide for himself.

As to where jurisdiction lies that could be very complicated. Since the divorce was originally granted in PA, but your residence is now FL. I wouldn't even try to guess, but refer you back to your attorney.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 11:31 AM
    I want to stress the fact that since he is 17, a judge will give serious consideration to his wishes.

Heck, 17 is the legal age for sexual consent in Florida.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want Custody of my 14 yr old sister [ 9 Answers ]

I am here to see if anyone would happen to know what I have to do to get guardianship/custody of my 14 yr old sister... im 25 and married with no kids... mom is unfit at this time to handle a 14 yr old and she can barley handle herself... dad works nights and you can't leave a 14yr old home all...

Custody transfer [ 3 Answers ]

I've got custody in Georgia of my nefew. He went to visit his parents on spring break and does not want to come back. What is the most quick way to transfer custody back? He is 15 turning 16.

Custody [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old and for the past 4 years I've been wanting to live 100% of the time with my mom instead of 50/50. My dad is addicted to marijuana and alcohol and he is threatening me to go to military school or to move. Is there a way I can live with my mom?

PA. Custody? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am inquring into Child Custody rights. To make a long story short. My husband is very controlling, And emotionally abusive. And there are a whole bunch of other reasons I am looking into the possibility of a divorce. I am a full time sahm. To our 17 mo. Old son. And I would want AT LEAST...

View more questions Search