PraginOut Posts: 51, Reputation: 6
    -

Aug 2, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Dead in the water right?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Dude, you f'd up.

She wants to trust you but cannot... it would be a lifetime of making up.

I still say, no guts. No glory. At some point you got to put it on the line.

But here's the thing?

1. are you in college?
    2. going to college?
    3. have a career?
    4. have goals? What?
    5. how much pot do you smoke?
    6. how often do you drink?
    7. how ready are you for an "all-in" with one girl now. Like engaged - to be - engaged kind of stuff?
    8. she is going to want you to work for a long time to reconcile?
    9. again - HOW WELL DID YOU EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED SO FAR?
    10. Is she really THE ONE?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Just me, Leave her alone, and move ahead with your life. You have embarrassed, and humiliated yourself and your g/f enough, by committing the worst kind of mistake. You chose another over your g/f, and got duped by her. Lick your wounds, and move on. What female could forgive that? Not her obviously. You need to grow beyond this. Sorry for your loss.
    -

Aug 2, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    dude, you f'd up.

she wants to trust you but cannot....it would be a lifetime of making up.

i still say, no guts. no glory. at some point you gotta put it on the line.

but here's the thing?

1. are you in college?
    2. going to college?
    3. have a career?
    4. have goals? what?
    5. how much pot do you smoke?
    6. how often do you drink?
    7. how ready are you for an "all-in" with one girl now. like engaged - to be - engaged kinda stuff?
    8. she is gonna want you to work for a long time to reconcile?
    9. again - HOW WELL DID YOU EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED SO FAR??
    10. is she really THE ONE?
    1. are you in college? Im at University
    2. going to college? -
    3. have a career? Aiming towards one
    4. have goals? What? To be happy
    5. how much pot do you smoke? To be honest id say a couple of times a year
    6. how often do you drink? Every weekend
    7. how ready are you for an "all-in" with one girl now. Like engaged - to be - engaged kind of stuff? With her? Yes
    8. she is going to want you to work for a long time to reconcile? She's worth it
    9. again - HOW WELL DID YOU EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED SO FAR? I have explained it the best way I can, the girl who I messed up with has gotten herself a bad rep. My ex really
    Should at least consider what I've said.
    10. Is she really THE ONE? Who knows? All I know is that when I was with her I liked who I was.
    -

Aug 2, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Just me, Leave her alone, and move ahead with your life. You have embarrassed, and humiliated yourself and your g/f enough, by committing the worst kind of mistake. You chose another over your g/f, and got duped by her. Lick your wounds, and move on. What female could forgive that?? Not her obviously. You need to grow beyond this. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks for your honesty, but that last bit of hope needs to die just like my dignity has before I can truly say I gave it my all.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Well, get good grades and if you are serious about this girl let her know it the best way you can. Don't stalk her... if after several months it is a brick wall then leave her alone.
    -

Aug 2, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Will do. Thanks for all your advice
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PraginOut
    Thanks for your honesty, but that last bit of hope needs to die just like my dignity has before i can truly say i gave it my all.
    It doesn't have to be all or nothing, but I understand.:cool:
    ehall12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Anything is possible but the reconciliation would have to be mutual in order for the two of you to get passed it and in a situation like this you can always forgive it's the forgetting you feel me.just take it one day at a time and if you are oing to put it in the past leave it there .
    -

Aug 3, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Looks like she's changed her number... ouch
    That's got me pretty bummed, but at least now I know where I stand.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    :-)

The truth is I think they should both walk away for a while.

The flowers were kind of a "why not". A final goodbye. A Hail Mary....better than a life of silence, but it is likely not that easy.

Honestly, I see two kids who need to get their lives together beyond just this....school/drugs/etc.
    Yeah buddy. Take a time out for now. As I said above still goes.

If you've said all you can - I'd just let her be. Get your life on track and let it go for now.
    Won't be easy but as long as you said your peace you can know you did your best.

Lesson learned anyway: never risk more than you can afford to lose.
    -

Aug 3, 2008, 11:34 AM
    if you've said all you can - I'd just let her be. Get your life on track and let it go for now.
    That's the thing.. I'm no where near saying all that I need. I haven't really said anything since all of this kicked off for fear of making things worse. I guess its just got to the point where its too late.

lesson learned anyway: never risk more than you can afford to lose.
    Damn right!
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Well, get in a letter asap and send it... or deliver to door. But expect silence for a long time - maybe forever -- but at least you can get on with your life if you get it all out!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 11:41 AM
    It's time to move on. Forget about the things at her house, since stated it held no importance or value. She's moving on. Things like this happen in life, doesn't matter what age you are. Things was done 2 months ago and most likely once you continue to hange around this girl.

In the future be weary of the company you keep and you can't save everyone. People turned their backs on this girl for a reasons, reasons that you did not see and when you thought you was being her friend she was waiting and plotting to set you up. Keep your eyes open and listen when people tell you things or step back and be the outsider looking in.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Yes, time to move on.

I'd set Wednesday as a deadline to get say or do what yo need to - and be done...
    I am being nice because I know you are young and learning, but you need to get on with your life.
    -

Aug 3, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Thanks guys
    -

Aug 5, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Is it normal
    To have an image of her imprinted on your mind pretty much 24/7? Its not like she's all I think about, ill be getting on with things.. and even sometimes having fun! But that subtle little flash of her continues to play.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Aug 5, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Yea it's normal.. you're grieving the loss of your relationship and thoughts of her will come up in your head.. it happens to me too.. not a day goes by that I don't think about my ex.. just continue with what you're doing.. you're healing and don't let those thoughts bog you down, just except them and move forward.. congrats on your progress!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Just apart of the healing process man.. it will pass.

Off topic - Plonak is that you're picture or one from the internet?
    HopeDiesLast Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Pragin- what's your story? Have you explained it before?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have feelings for my friend! [ 4 Answers ]

I have talked to this girl named Haylei since school started. We talked but I never seen us more than that, until recently. I had a girlfriend named Lisa Marie. We were dating when I started gaining feelings for Haylei. The feelings have become so strong that I couldn't take the guilt and...

Feelings for a close friend don't know what to do! [ 3 Answers ]

I have this close friend that I've been friends with for almost a year. I thought he was cute when I first met him but so did one of my roomates! She actually told him she like him but he never said he liked her like that. He comes to my house everyday, he even spends the night sometimes. He's seen...

Girlfriend wants to get back together, but confessed to sleeping with friend [ 5 Answers ]

Good morning, This is my first post on this website, and it has been a rough 24 hours, so please bear with me. My girlfriend and I began dating my senior year of college. After graduation I moved away, but we remained together for another 1.5 years. Eventually, we felt as though the...

I confessed my feelings and am feeling pretty lame. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so my guy friend and I met in college last year. We clicked right from the start(as friends) and had a class together for about a month. After that class we graduated and he moved to los angeles. For a year until I moved to Los angeles, we talked on the phone all the time and just made each...

I have feelings for my friend, but he doesn't know. [ 4 Answers ]

I have been developing feelings for my friend for quite some time, but he still doesn't know about them. How can I let him know without ruining our friendship if he doesn't feel the same way towards me?

View more questions Search