Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    granny51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Landlord making me move did not give me 30days
    I rent a house and am on a month to month and the landlord asked me to move. I said OK but I cannot get anything till my payday. Well I got my apartment but it will not be ready till August 15th so I told my landlord and he said I had to be out by aug 2nd as he has already rented the house to someone else starting aug 3. that means he is going to rent a house out without giving me nothing more that a three day notice and no legal papers through the court. What I was wondering can he do what he is doing and not give me till the 15th

>Moved from Feedback<
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Depends on what state you live in and what your lease says. In most states, you need to be given written notice equal to one full rental period.

So we need to know the area, a key fact you left out.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 08:29 PM
    And when did the landlord ask you to move? If you are getting an apartment on the 15th, you would have to have given your landlord notice on the 15th of July. So, did he tell you at the beginning of the month that you were going to have to move? If he did, he gave you the 30-day notice then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord not making repairs [ 1 Answers ]

I have been renting a Townhome for 3 years, April 25th my Air conditioner went out.I contacted my out of state landlord by emil, she did not respond for 2 weeks then stated I was not to deduct repairs from my rent that I should pay Mays rent and she would then be able to pay for repairs. It has...

Does my roommate have to give me/landlord 30Days Notice if he's not on the Agreement? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I need a little help answering this one. My roommate has been here 4 months, he filled out an application with the landlord when he moved in to make him official here. But we never signed a new Rental agreement together. Today is 12/24/07, and he just told me he's moving out 12/31/07, which...

Landlord making fines [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a rental home in Colorado. The property management company has fined me for what they call not mowing the lawn or watering it. At $25 a piece for each "violation". I have taken good care of the lawn and have even had a neighbor comment that I've taken better care of the property than...

Tenant give landlord 30-day notice, then doesn't move.Now what? [ 2 Answers ]

Tenant in California, gives landlord a 30-day notice to move. Now 30-days is up, tenant is current on rent, but is not moving. Can the landlord file an unlawful detainer using the TENANT's 30-day notice and it will hold up? Or does landlord have to serve their own 30-day (or 3-day notice if...

Landlord not making repairs [ 2 Answers ]

My son is rented a house a few months ago and has discovered a few problems which need to be fixed. According to the lease these should be the responsibility of the owner. For the last 2 months he has been giving my son the run-a round, basically not doing what he says he is going to do. One...

View more questions Search