Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skyes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 11:29 AM
    One or Two stage HVAC
    :confused: How can I tell if my HVAC system is one or two stage? The model of the air handler is: nfcx3600c2. I am installing a home automation system and it requires this information
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 12:36 PM
    That is a air handler only. What is the outside unit number. When you find it look it up on Google to see what you actually have.

If you have a electric furnace inside and a heat pump outside then you have 2 stage heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single Stage & Mult-stage heat pumps [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between a single stage and multi-stage heat pump?

Benefits of two stage vs single stage heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing a 20 year old Lennox two stage heat pump. Live in northwest Florida panhandle. 2400 sq foot single story home. One AC tech suggested not using a two stage replacement unit because of cost. What are advantages of two stage over single and what should I consider in choosing...

Hvac1000: Or ing stage relays (multi-stage stats to single stage) [ 1 Answers ]

Would you agree that you can and should OR the outputs of say a 2 stage heating stat to make it a single stage? OR means connect the outputs together. Example: Connect W and W2 to create a single stage stat. I'm under the impression that either W1 or W2 is activated and not both and that this...

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 6 Answers ]

Anyonw know how to hook this up with a dpdt relay There is 5 wires , outdoor heat for stage 1 heat , propane gas for stage 2 hear Thanks For any help :confused:

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 1 Answers ]

What is the right wiring to hook the WHITE ROGERS 80 SERIES thermostat up ( 1F82-261)? I have a outdoor wood burner dlowing hear to a exchanger in the ducts , and I have propand gas as a back up sorce The furnace is a coleman evecon ( 94 model) with ac (up draft) I think I had the wiring...

View more questions Search