Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bshereec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Air conditioner compressor replacement
    Is $400 reasonable for switching out a compressor and replacing freon in an 3.5 ton air conditioning unit. (compressor replaced by manufacturer). I am a single female and have no idea.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Very much so,, I just hope this quote was from a experanced a/c tech that knows what he is doing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air-Conditioner Compressor runs, No cool air [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Our Amana 8709088812 was working well. The cool air stopped but the compressor stayed on. We called a repair person and they replaced a fan. It worked for a short time and the same thing happened so they came back and replaced a second fan. They said there is a fan for intake and one for...

Air conditioner compressor and fan [ 1 Answers ]

Checked the circuit breaker and fuses outside the disconnect. The compressor and fan still do not turn on when I turn the ac on.

Testing a central air conditioner compressor [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way that a compressor for a central air conditioner can be tested to see if it is going out?

Air conditioner compressor not running. [ 1 Answers ]

My air conditioner fan runs outside but the compressor does not come on. Why

Compressor on central air conditioner [ 6 Answers ]

The compressor on my central air conditioner tries to come on but won't. I hear it trying to come on. The unit is attached to a "Beat The Peak" system. Could that be causing the unit to not come on?

View more questions Search