Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smylie1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2008, 08:21 AM
    A promise before she died
    Hello,

Since I was a little girl, my grandmother and I would always promise each other that which ever one of us died first, if there was any way possible, we would contact the other. We would always laugh and say," Just don't jump out and scare me! " She passed away October 12, 2005. I have not had any "in your face" so-to-speak experience to let me know if she can communicate with me, however I've had a couple dreams. In my dreams, she and my grandfather who passed 9 months before, are always happily busy with somehting and don't really have time to talk to me. My last dream (its going to sound stupid) was that I was at Disney World and just happen to run into them. They were all excited wanting to show me their new apartment... which happen to be IN the Magic Kingdom. Now, I totally get the symbolism of this dream, but it's still not the absolute message of 'here is the proof it's really me and not just your unconscious mind'.

If there is anyone who could let me know if these are really messages from her. If you could communicate with her and ask her what the design on the "housecoat" is, she'll know what that means and that would be proof of her being around.

I also have the same type of dream about my best friend who passed when we were 21 years old (17 years ago). In that dream, I was moving into a dorm type building where she already lived. When I found her, I was SO happy because in the dream, I knew she had passed away. I was trying to explain how incredible it was to see her and trying to spend every minute with her. She got almost annoyed with me and seemed to be too busy with what she was doing and didn't really have time to even sit and talk with me.

Again, I get what the dream means, I just really need to know if it is from them, or if it's just how I'm hoping the other side is, happily busy and carefree.

Thank you so much for anything you can tell me.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jul 31, 2008, 06:05 PM
    It's a great benefit to have such a close bond with an ancestor. Questions about "proof" often boil down to the issue of is this real or is it "just" my imagination? Our society teaches that things you imagine aren't important or real, that the imaginary is silly and phony. And then what is the most important thing in our society? Money, which is of course imaginary. The little numbers on the computer screen at the bank or on the piece of paper with the dead president on it are only important because we all agree to imagine that they are.

It is precisely because you have the gift of imagination that you had the capacity to believe in your pledge with your grandmother and were able to make it in the first place, and now that same gift is what gives you the ability to interpret the dream information you are getting. Your conscious mind, the part you use when you buy groceries, or fill out tax returns, is like a small island. Surrounding this island is a vast ocean, which Jung called the collective unconscious. It is within you, but it fills the universe. Your ocean is The ocean, the ocean of being. We are all swimming in it. Now imagine (there's that word again) an iceberg sticking up out of the ocean. The iceberg you see is your imagination, the part you can consciously access with your waking mind. But it is only the tip of something very big and very powerful.

It was an act of intention, an act of faith/imagination, if you will, for you to make the pact with your grandmother. In your childhood self, it was easy to use the power of imagination to access that energy, where you could form a magickal bond between you. For some reason, at least in this culture of Western Civilization, it is the children and the elders who find this easy. People in the prime of life seem to struggle to get past all the tax return thinking.

So, yes, it is real, and yes, you should trust your dream. Have you ever seen or read the original Peter Pan play? Where the actors ask the audience to believe and so heal Tinkerbell? It's sort of like that. By using the power of your imagination to believe that your grandparents are doing powerful, joyful work in a magick kingdom, then they are. Not that I want to lay some spooky guilt trip on you by suggesting if you don't believe then they won't be in a happy place. But think of this: It was important for your grandmother to teach you to believe in imagination as the key to love, to faith, when you were little. You can best honor her by practicing the lessons she taught.

Although a skilled psychic or shaman could journey to visit your grandmother and ask her the key "housecoat" question, I would suggest that whatever answer that person gives you will be one you accept if you choose to believe, and not otherwise. So why do you need someone else? That's the challenge that confronts you right now.

Choose to live in the world where love creates connections.

Blessings,

Alder

Jul 31, 2008, 08:41 PM
    We had a very close connection and often had long conversations about Earthly enigmas, psychic abilities, Heaven, and the afterlife. When I was little, she could make the simplest of things have a mystical, fantastic story about where it came from or what it's secret use might be. I know in my heart it's her and what she's telling me, I guess I just let the adult skeptic in me second guess it.

I also had an epiphany when I read what you wrote about money. I've never really thought about how the things in our lives are truly no more real than what we are told to believe they are (So very Matrix-like). Love is the only real there is. Love can never lose it's value or be taken away by war, poverty, failure, success... the love may take on different forms, but it never ends. Just as there is no tangible way to prove real love, you know it's there. So, just as I have no tangible proof the dreams are messages from my grandmother, I know they are.

Thank you for your enlightenment. Maybe my grandmother will visit tonight and I can tell her what I've learned.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 09:02 PM
    I definitely think these dreams are messages, 100% believe. When my parents dreamed about them all the time.

My father passed away first and I started dreaming of him 2 months after he died. My mother was living with me at the time and my dreams where always of my dad looking through their house, he'd notice me and ask me where my mother was, why couldn't he find her.

When my mom died (6 1/2 months after my dad) I dreamed about my dad two days later, in the dream he said "I know your mother has passed, I can't find her though, where is she?"

Around 3 months later I had a dream about my mom telling me not to worry that they're together now.

Yes, I truly believe that your grandmother is communicating with you through your dreams. :)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 2, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smylie1
    We had a very close connection and often had long conversations about Earthly enigmas, psychic abilities, Heaven, and the afterlife. When I was little, she could make the simplest of things have a mystical, fantastic story about where it came from or what it's secret use might be. I know in my heart it's her and what she's telling me, I guess I just let the adult skeptic in me second guess it.

I also had an epiphany when I read what you wrote about money. I've never really thought about how the things in our lives are truely no more real than what we are told to believe they are (So very Matrix-like). Love is the only real there is. Love can never lose it's value or be taken away by war, poverty, failure, success...the love may take on different forms, but it never ends. Just as there is no tangible way to prove real love, you know it's there. So, just as I have no tangible proof the dreams are messages from my grandmother, I know they are.

Thank you for your enlightenment. Maybe my grandmother will visit tonight and I can tell her what I've learned.
    I appologize for the miswording in the rating I gave you. I got distracted by that thing that rings, and you feel compelled to answer! LOL!

I also have dreams of my Grandparents, and they are very real to me. I have also had other things happen to me, that I don't even question are my Grandparents, just checking in to say hi. It's a comforting feeling.

The day of my Grandmothers funeral, my sister and I were sitting in her kitchen. She went into the liquor cabinet, to find us something so we could "toast" Grandma. She open the high cabinet, and both of us saw sparkles (like glitter) fall out. My sister said to me, what the..! Have the kids been in here? We had both seen it, but we looked down on the floor, and nothing was there! Right at that moment, I smelled Rose Perfume. That is what Grandma always wore. We were both a little freaked out! We sat and had our drink after that, and realised it was just Grandma saying that she made it okay! :)

Aug 3, 2008, 06:49 AM
    After things had settled down after the funeral, my sister and I were sitting at the kitchen table. Both of us teary eyed and quiet. She said she was just wanting to soak in everything she could have the house because it quite possible could be the last time we would ever be there. All of the family members had chosen small things to keep that had sentimental value and then all the rest was to be sold with the house. I had taken the housecoat and a little radio shaped like an old Victorola phonograph. It doesn't work, but I had played with it growing up. My sister had said she needed to choose, but just felt kind of like she shouldn't. Like she was stealing Mamaw's stuff. A few moments later, we both looked at each other. The smell of White Shoulders perfume just kind of waifed through the kitchen. She used to wear that all the time for as long as I can remember. It didn't matter what kind of expensive perfume you bought her, she would always go back to it. My sister said maybe that was her way of telling her it was OK to take something. At the time, we didn't really think much more about it, after all, we were at her house and the perfume scent was probably just carried by air from the vent in her room. Now, I'm not so sure.

Actually as I sit typing this, every so often, there is a sound that sounds like someone rattling a... I don't really know what. I looked around, but can't find where it could be coming from. Even looked in the garbage can to make sure we hadn't gotten a mouse.

I think there are more messages than maybe I have been ready to accept. I miss her so very much that maybe I didn't want to settle for anything less than a face to face conversation. Haha!

Thank you so much for your answer, I had actually forgotten about the perfume.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 3, 2008, 01:07 PM
    After things had settled down after the funeral, my sister and I were sitting at the kitchen table. Both of us teary eyed and quiet. She said she was just wanting to soak in everything she could of the house because it quite possible could be the last time we would ever be there. All of the family members had chosen small things to keep that had sentimental value and then all the rest was to be sold with the house. I had taken the housecoat and a little radio shaped like an old Vitorola phonograph. It doesn't work, but I had played with it growing up. My sister had said she needed to choose, but just felt kinda like she shouldn't. Like she was stealing Mamaw's stuff. A few moments later, we both looked at each other. The smell of White Sholders perfume just kind of waifed through the kitchen. She used to wear that all the time for as long as I can remember. It didn't matter what kind of expensive perfume you bought her, she would always go back to it. My sister said maybe that was her way of telling her it was OK to take something. At the time, we didn't really think much more about it, afterall, we were at her house and the perfume scent was probably just carried by air from the vent in her room. Now, I'm not so sure.

Actually as I sit typing this, every so often, there is a sound that sounds like someone rattling a ...I don't really know what. I looked around, but can't find where it could be coming from. Even looked in the garbage can to make sure we hadn't gotten a mouse.

I think there are more messages than maybe I have been ready to accept. I miss her so very much that maybe I didn't want to settle for anything less than a face to face conversation. haha!

Thank you so much for your answer, I had actually forgotten about the perfume.
    It's funny that you should mention White Shoulders. I love the smell of it, and it always reminds me of a family trip we all took when we were young, to Disneyland. My Grandma, not the same one (the above was my Mom's Mom, but this one my Dad's) had bought me a bottle of White Shoulders for my birthday that year. It always reminds me of sitting around the pool, at the motel we stayed at. Thanks for bringing back that memory. I think I will have to buy some White Shoulders now... LOL!

I've got another story, and this one is going to make me seem like I've totally gone off the deep end, and the guys with the straight jackets will be showing up soon... LOL!

Both sets of my Grandparents have been gone for many yrs now. I was at home one day, and getting very frustrated because my phone system (which is connected and only works when I have internet service) and my internet had been down for nearly a week. I couldn't stand not being able to call anyone, or being able to access the internet. I had called my ISP, and they weren't showing up to fix anything.

So, on this afternoon, I was playing with my dog, and was talking to my dog as I normally do, lol, and I said to her... I wonder who can get mommy's phone working?. maybe Grandpa could... he used to be able to do everything! ;), I giggled, and when on with my cleaning. A half hr or so later, I heard my computer fire up! I came into to see what was going on, and all of a sudden I had internet service and phone service! It was really weird!

So I called my ISP, and I asked them if they had just fixed what was wrong from their end. The guy said to me, our service tech will be there later today to fix that for you maam. I asked if he was sure he hadn't come down already, and done some work outside. He said, no, he would've had to come into your house too. When the guy finally showed up, he checked everything, and said, so what was the problem? Everything checks out, and is working just fine! I felt like a total fool, but certainly didn't want to tell him that story, so I just appologized and he kind of rolled his eyes and left.

After he left, I just said a quiet... thanks Grandpa, I knew you could fix everything! :D
    I don't know if this was Grandpa or not, but I choose to think it was. The timing and everything else couldn't have been more perfect!
    Moose70 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Hello,

Since I was a little girl, my grandmother and I would always promise each other that which ever one of us died first, if there was any way possible, we would contact the other. We would always laugh and say," Just don't jump out and scare me! " She passed away October 12, 2005. I have not had any "in your face" so-to-speak experience to let me know if she can communicate with me, however I've had a couple dreams. In my dreams, she and my grandfather who passed 9 months before, are always happily busy with somehting and don't really have time to talk to me. My last dream (its going to sound stupid) was that I was at Disney World and just happen to run into them. They were all excited wanting to show me their new apartment...which happen to be IN the Magic Kingdom. Now, I totally get the symbolism of this dream, but it's still not the absolute message of 'here is the proof it's really me and not just your unconscious mind'.

If there is anyone who could let me know if these are really messages from her. If you could communicate with her and ask her what the design on the "housecoat" is, she'll know what that means and that would be proof of her being around.

I also have the same type of dream about my best friend who passed when we were 21 years old (17 years ago). In that dream, I was moving into a dorm type building where she already lived. When I found her, I was SO happy because in the dream, I knew she had passed away. I was trying to explain how incredible it was to see her and trying to spend every minute with her. She got almost annoyed with me and seemed to be too busy with what she was doing and didn't really have time to even sit and talk with me.

Again, I get what the dream means, I just really need to know if it is from them, or if it's just how I'm hoping the other side is, happily busy and carefree.

Thank you so much for anything you can tell me.
    Did your grandmother have a maybe greenish coat? At first I thought it was dark now I think other wise. Was there some type of small animal with star, sun type object on the front of a pocket. Let me know if this sounds familiar or not.

Moose

Aug 7, 2008, 05:19 AM
    No, but my grandfather had a jacket that somewhat matches that description. Do you see anything else?
    Moose70 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2008, 09:41 PM
    I was just getting what I was getting. I never tried to reach someone by that limited detail. I usually see something or think of something that meant something close to that person. For instance this jacket was neither heaver or really light. Now I do not know where your grandfather lived. I think it is somewhere north or in an area that is cold more often than not like Detroit. I do not know if it was his favorite, but wore it allot. Did he wear glasses and chewed on it or chewed on something. Did he usually have something in his mouth? I am not sure. I usually do better talking or meet someone to get a better vibe. I am not sure if this information is correct for you.

Do you have two-three children of your own or through marriage?

No, but my grandfather had a jacket that somewhat matches that description. Do you see anything else?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stove never provided after promise [ 2 Answers ]

Rented 4/2/08 Gas stove had been removed. Landlord promise installation of electric stove. Numerous delays. Now he says he will install gas stove after I pay for meter reinstalled. First, can he continue to delay me about the stove and second, Am I responsibly to pay for meter?

Purely hypothetical - I promise [ 9 Answers ]

I love old cars. I really do. I would love to own one. It's not going to happen ANYtime soon. But. Would it be possible to put a vintage (good condition) body and frame over a modern engine and all of that stuff? Or I guess more accurately, could you put a modern engine into an old car?

A broken promise [ 12 Answers ]

I got out of a HUGE relationship with James. We dated for over a year and I loved him. But then we broke up and ever since I've been jumping from guy to guy. Until I found one I ended up falling in love with. He said he loved me. He said he would never, could never, break up with me. But then one...

A promise [ 3 Answers ]

When your ex gives you a promise ring what does that mean? And he won't take it back?:confused: :confused: :confused: :( :(

View more questions Search