Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniferleighr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Hooking up Old TV to VCR and Home Theatre System
    Hello

I have a old TV with a coxial input, a VCR with the (red, white, yellow) both input and output and coxial input, and a home theatre DVD player with (red, white, yellow) input.
    How do I hook it up so the DVD player works on the TV. Can I use the VCR as a modulater or do I need a modulator?

Thanks
    Jennifer
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Idealy, you need a modulator, but you should be able to do the following if the DVD use is VERY infrequent.

Take the composite video ouputs and connect them to the VCR and put a blank tape in the VCR. Rewind the tape and press record. You should have RF output to the TV via the VCR. Remember to use CH3 or CH4 on the TV, depending on what the VCR is set to.

So, you have to be recording to modulate.

Modulators are extremely cheap and available at Radio Shack. The inexpensive ones don't modulate in stereo. VCR's don't modulate in stereo typically.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 RCA Home Theatre TV [ 1 Answers ]

Model # F35100ST. It started making popping sounds and turning off and on. So I had the TV repair man come get it and he said it was the Flyback so he had to order the part. He fixed the TV and brought it back. I turned the TV on that night and it turned off and the screen went white so they came...

Hooking up a panasonic home theater system [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a panasonic home theater system and I'm needing someone to help me hook it up, I have a direct TV system and a JVC big screen TV,:eek:

Setting Up My Home Theatre System [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased a HD Digital Television Receiver to add to my Plasma, DVD player/recorder and Surround Sound System. How do I set it up correctly so that my audio comes through the surround sound system and I can record shows from the new receiver? Any help would be SOOOO...

Home theatre [ 1 Answers ]

Good evening: how do I hook up my satellite box, home theatre, dvd/vcr and TV? My TV is not digital. I also do not know which cables to us except for the one to the TV. Thank you

Home theatre systems [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am in the process of finishing my basement. I currently have my recessed lights installed and now I would like to run all the necessary cables and wires for a theatre system. Does anyone know what types of wires and cables I need to run to tie in a receiver, DVD player, Cable, Internet,...

View more questions Search