Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 07:27 AM
    Mediator Appearance
    Can a mediator appear in court? Discuss how the parties did or did not agree?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair
    Can a mediator appear in court? Discuss how the parties did or did not agree?

Yes, with the consent of both parties I've seen a mediator testify in NYS.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Oh, well I doubt he would agree. He believes she is bias, because he doesn't make sense so she tries to rationalize with him. He says the mediator says the same things I do.

I just thought she would be nice to have on my behalf, because his thought processes aren't rational and not too many sit down with him long enough to see it in the court system, other than his attorney, who isn't going to say anything.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 11:25 AM
    The mediator should have sent a written statement to the judge at the conclusion of the mediation outlining the findings of the mediation.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Yes there is a statement sent, but it just says that an agreement was or was not reached, whether further mediation is recommend or necessary. It doesn't give any specifics.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair
    Yes there is a statement sent, but it just says that an agreement was or was not reached, whether further mediation is recommend or necessary. It doesn't give any specifics.

I don't know about other States but in NYS the mediator has little standing, no value, unless an agreement is reached. I have seen them testify but only with permission of both parties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passport appearance [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I have a passport with validation of 20 years. The passport was made in 1998 and the expiry date is in the year 2018. Now the problem is that the photo and the signature is 10 years older, so will this create any problem for migration. I am going to UK in the month of July as...

What do I do about missed court appearance [ 1 Answers ]

What do I do about missed court appearance

Court Appearance [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out if someone has a court appearance today? And if I can then what information do I need?

Why is she being so concerned about my appearance [ 3 Answers ]

My g/f has been trying to change my style for some time now. She complains that I never wear anything preppy or casual. She feels the only way that I would benefit from her actions is for her to lay out my clothes. She feels that the only way she could do this without me putting up an argument is...

New appearance [ 2 Answers ]

I am a young man. To participate in an special ceremony, I want to change my appearance to a young lady. How can I do this, step by step and what tip is good for me? You can see my pic too. Thank you

View more questions Search