Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    connie0k Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 02:51 AM
    Sound device dissappeared
    I've been having problems with my sound device disappearing regularly from my laptop. I've usually been able to retrieve it by following the trouble shoot advice via the device manager. This time there was no device on the drop down list. I have no idea what to do now. Any advice?
    snowalps Posts: 141, Reputation: 7

Jul 30, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Try using the "add new hardware" in the control panel and let it search for the sound device. See if it can locate it. Restart your s/m and try this out. Is it an external card or inbuilt on motherboard?
    connie0k Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Thanks for that. It worked. In my panic and despair it didn't occur to me.
    snowalps Posts: 141, Reputation: 7

Jul 31, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Glad it worked! You are welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RE windows xo sound device [ 1 Answers ]

My computer crashed so I had to reinstall but I have no audio. I have been trying to find how you put audio on your computer. I have windows media 10 but I just can't get any sound out of the machine. Please help me >Moved from Forum Help<

No sound device detection. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am using Windows XP and my computer is not detecting any sound devices. I know I do because I was just listening to music yesterday on it. When I try to updat the drives on the devices it just searches for ever and doesn't stop. If you have an idea what might be causing this problem I...

My Sound Audio Device [ 1 Answers ]

I think I may have mistakenly deleted the audio device from my PC. I am running on WinXP and haven't got a clue how to reinstall my audio device. I have no sound at all and the computor is telling me that the audio device/driver is not installed when only 2 weeks ago it was working fine.

Pci multi media sound device [ 2 Answers ]

Hello ev one.. I am using my moms PC because my processor fried.. and she has no sound.. I tried to update the driver but I can't find one.. it just says that it need s to be updated.. it is integrated into the mother board so I have no clue as to what to do now. I really really need my sound.....

Sound device problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi am having a problem with no sound on my "callwave Voice Mail". Have gone over it with several of their techs, all have different ideas of what the problem is, I've checked, unchecked, downloaded, unstalled more than I knew exhisted on this machine and still no sound. Don't know if it matters...

View more questions Search