Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 30, 2008, 01:49 AM
    Had to share!
    I just had to share this with y'all. True story! (something I saw tonight reminded me)

When I was young, I had a friend named Marissa. We often went over to her house at lunchtime when we were in school. Her family was Spanish, and she lived with her parents and grandparents. We were always welcomed with open arms at their house. We loved going there to play. But, there was one little thing. Marissa's grandfather, who was a very nice old man, used to be in charge of keeping an eye on us, while Marissa's parents were at work.

He didn't speak English very well, but he would like to come outside and play ball with us, or push us on the swings. Well every time we would leave to go home, he would say to us... "Peace, Love, and a Penis!!" We would laugh about it on the way home, and wondered what he meant by that, not really being old enough to understand.

A few years later... after taking health class in school, we found out what a Penis was! :eek: Well my sister and I decided we should tell our Mom what Marissa's Grandpa had been saying to us all of this time. My Mom was horrified, although somewhat disbelieving us, and called Marissa's Mother. Marissa's mother was shocked, and said she would talk to her father and find out what he had been saying to us!

Well, Marissa's Mom called my Mom back laughing! Instead of Marissa's Grandpa saying "Peace, Love, and a Penis"... in his Spanish accent... he was trying to say "Peace, Love, and Happiness!!"

I still kill myself laughing today when someone says... Peace, Love, and Ha-penis! Poor Grandpa!. these days he probably would've been hauled off to jail! ;) :D
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 03:26 AM
    Poor grandpa! Just a little misinterpretation as well as mis-understanding!

Nice, and well-done post! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will you share? [ 28 Answers ]

I love reading about ghost stories,paranormal phenomena,unusual happenings,weird coincidences... :eek: If you have a personal experience or heard of an experience by a friend etc,please do share. Recently I have read so many different bits of stories here on the forum at various threads I...

To All - I share this with all of you [ 3 Answers ]

This is so beautiful and I ask that you take just a little peak. It is the Jesus that I know as well as many others. It hurts me deeply when others are told by our very own brothers and sisters where they are going after this life... I think... or it is what I believe... it is what Jesus...

Basic earnings per share and diluted earnings per share [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: what is the different between Basic earnings per share and Diluted earnings per share :confused:

Share [ 3 Answers ]

Can I buy shares without contacting the broker( not paying commission )?

View more questions Search