Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mocha81 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Could these be signs of pregnancy?
    I started to wonder about 3 weeks ago when my period came late and wasn't the same as usual when I did get it.. but since last week at work I started feeling nausea throughout my shift for 2 days. Not throwing up but felt like if I didn't take a breather soon I'd faint or something.. and for the past 2 days I've been realising I sometimes have cravings for a certain food and constantly feel hungry. Doesn't matter if I ate a half hour ago, it will feel like I pretty much didn't eat at all. Been getting some cramping too and yesterday my boob had like growing pains but was pretty much just the nipple that was doing that... those are the only things I can think of right now that's been happening.. are these some signs? I know I should just go get a home pregnancy test but I'd like some feedback and see if I'm not just being paranoid. I know I want to wait to see if I get my next period too.
    JENALISE08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Well That's How I Started To Feel. So Get Tested. It Is Important You Get Prenatal Care If You Are.
    HAPPYNCONFUSED Posts: 21, Reputation: -1

Jul 30, 2008, 02:13 PM
    If Your Period Is One That You Call Regular And All Of A Sudden It's Different, Chances Are Your Pregnant. Don't Wait Get Tested, If It's Negative Wait Until Period Time Next Month And If It Doesn't Come 100% Chance You Are Pregnant...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYNCONFUSED
    And If It Doesn't Come 100% Chance You Are Prego...
    This is a bit of misinformation. We do tend to miss periods once in a while. It's not 100% chance you are pregnant, there could be other causes for missing your period.

Now, have you even tested yet? Have you missed a period?

Aug 3, 2008, 09:57 PM
    I took a test and turned out negative.. it continued so finally yesterday I went to emerg and they couldn't tell me anything but they said it could still be early to tell. I was supposed to start my period today but didn't that's all I know so far.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Give it several more days to see if your period is just going to be late... then test again if it still doesn't show. If still negative, and no period, you could always ask about having a blood test done as well... given what has been going on, they may do that for you to know for sure.
    louise1200 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Im having the same problem, My periods were ova three weeks late, when I did get it, it was lighter then usual, and yes my periods have usually been regular, Ive seen three different doctors and each one has said I have cfommon symptoms off pregnancy, but that was before I had my late period. Each time I've been told to do another test . Now I have to wait till Friday to do one and take it bk to my doctors to get sent off. Ive neva had an examination by my doctor as they don't seem bothered. I have tried asking what else could be wrong, but they don't seem to want to discuss that. But I must admit, I'm a bit scared because I don't know what is up with my body anymore.

Aug 5, 2008, 12:31 AM
    It seemed like I was going to start my period because I had some spotting but nothing still yet the spotting stopped right away really. So I'm waiting till Friday or Saturday and going to take another test and see.

Aug 5, 2008, 03:15 AM
    Yea I've been told to wait till Friday to take a urine sample and take it into the doctors so that they can send it off. I just wish the doctor had just examined me instead.

Aug 5, 2008, 04:03 AM
    You she made me lie down on a table and pushed down on my body where my uterus and ovaries are but that was it.. I figured since I told her I'd taken test at home that she'd maybe take a blood sample instead to test that... I figure it would be other more accurate or would be able to tell earlier but nope just made me take another urine sample.

Other then that I looked up some things online about what if your pregnant..

13 signs of pregnancy

Sore breasts - not yet
    Cramps - often
    Spotting - August 3rd
    Fatigue - since July 23rd -ish.. been getting my boyfriend to drive all the time instead
    Nipple darkening - no
    Nausea - since July 23rd
    Bloating - a little week of July 28
    Peeing more often - yup
    Cravings - week of July 28 I wanted some stuff by the bulk if I could lol
    Headaches - no
    Constipation - not really
    Mood swings - a little bit yes.. mostly at work
    Basal body temperature - don't know at all

So all I'm going to do is wait for now and see if the test will become positive for now and if this continues, doctors it is again...

Aug 5, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Yea I know what you mean mines been going on since July the 13th. Each time I go bk to the doctors, they just tell me to do another test, none off them would examine me. I'm not getting as many off the signs now as I was before the period or spotting, but my stomachs always bloated can't lie on my stomach anymore as it hurts too much, Im pretty much always a moody git, lol. I cry over nothing, when I don't usually cry unless it's a serious thing, like a funeral. Somedays I eat loads, others I barely eat. My boobs have got bigger, My nipples haven't really changed much, but I have blue veins now. They're slightly sore to touch, not much, My stomachs slightly hard, oh and I burped and was sick a bit, But thts it I think. I've also been told it could just be a hormonal imbalance Have you ever heard off that and do you know what it is? Or what it can do to your body? Cos when I see a doctor I feel like I'm talking to a wall, because they don't listen to me, My best mates going through the same, and she's at the same docs surgery as is having the same problem as me, they won't examin her. We've both done three tests all came bk negative. Now I'm about to do my fourth,
    Wantstoknow1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2008, 04:21 PM
    I think you are pregnant. Make sure you are taking a prenatal vitamin and that you are getting folic acid. My sons' spines barely closed up even though I was taking folic acid. Also, nuts are good for the munchies during the day and low salt saltines in the morning. I say low salt because regular ones may make you swell up, especially your feet. You may want to retain the ability to wear shoes. Good Luck.

Aug 5, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Ok thanks, would there be anything I can do to make my doctor see sense and send me for a blood test, because he seems to want me to do a urine sample on on Friday, but it will be sent off to the hospital so I won't know till next week and every time I've done the urine sample its come bk negative, also my tummy button seems to be getting smaller, and I have a feeling like I'm due on a lot, which hurts a bit.

Aug 5, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Ive just noticed that I have blue veins appeared on the bottom areas off my stomach(below my belly button) Has anybody else had this?
    Vagirl6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mocha81
    I started to wonder about 3 weeks ago when my period came late and wasn't the same as usual when I did get it.. but since last week at work I started feeling nausea throughout my shift for 2 days. Not throwing up but felt like if I didn't take a breather soon I'd faint or something.. and for the past 2 days I've been realising I sometimes have cravings for a certain food and constantly feel hungry. doesn't matter if I ate a half hour ago, it will feel like I pretty much didn't eat at all. Been getting some cramping too and yesterday my boob had like growing pains but was pretty much just the nipple that was doing that....those are the only things I can think of right now that's been happening.. are these some signs? I know I should just go get a home pregnancy test but I'd like some feedback and see if I'm not just being paranoid. I know I want to wait to see if I get my next period too.
    Every pregnancy is different.Besides the symptoms you are already having here are some sighns to look for .changes in your breast. The skin around your nipples will become darker. This is called darkening of the areolas. You may also get very tired for no reason at all. Back aces, headaches. Loss of weight at first and then start gaining weight.If you think you are pregnant, you really should get a test done or see a OBGYN as soon as possible.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2008, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by louise1200
    Ok thanks, would there be anything i can do to make my doctor see sense and send me for a blood test, cos he seems to want me to do a urine sample on on friday, but it will be sent off to the hospital so i wont know till next week and everytime ive done the urine sample its come bk negative, also my tummy button seems to be getting smaller, and i have a feeling like im due on a lot, which hurts a bit.
    I'd be surprised if they had to send a urine test off as it is a simple and quick test that can be done in the office. A blood test is usually sent off to a lab for results however. Perhaps try and stand your ground... let them know you have already taken urine tests, that you know for some women they can take several weeks to show a positive, that you are still having possible symptoms of pregnancy, and that you want a blood test done.

Aug 6, 2008, 04:35 AM
    Thank you for the advice DaouglaLC, I don't know why they send the urine off to the hospital, but as far as I can remember they always have. I have to do another one on Friday, If I'm pregnant then I have no idea how far along I would be but its got to be 6 weeks at the most I think. But I know that with my mums first pregnancy she didn't show up until she was two months gone. But one doctor rudely told me I'm not pregnant, its my hormones playing up, hormonal imbalance he said. But he didn't give me any information on it, Since then I've been told to do another pregnancy test by the female doctor I've seen. But I'm so confused by it all, that I sometimes feel like they don't believe me and I've never had these symptoms ever before and I'm 25, So I'm hoping I'm pregnant, But I think your right if this one comes back negative I will insist on a blood test, thank you.
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Oct 28, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by louise1200 View Post
    thankyou for the advice DaouglaLC, i dont know why they send the urine off to the hospital, but as far as i can remember they always have. I have to do another one on friday, If im pregnant then i have no idea how far along i would be but its got to be 6 weeks at the most i think. but i know that with my mums first pregnancy she didnt show up until she was two months gone. But one doctor rudely told me im not pregnant, its my hormones playing up, hormonal imbalance he said. But he didnt give me any information on it, Since then ive been told to do another pregnancy test by the female doctor ive seen. But im so confused by it all, tht i sometimes feel like they dont believe me and ive never had these symptoms ever before and im 25, So im hoping im pregnant, But i think your right if this one comes back negative i will insist on a blood test, thank you.
    I'm 26 and having those symptoms and more for the first time ever in my life. I started what I think is a period on Friday, but it wasn't due until sometime Mon at the earliest. So, I don't know if it's decedual bleeding or a real period. I just keep taking prenatals just in case, but it's all confussing! My period is always regular and now it's early and heavy everyday which is also unusual... and now, today, it's a brownish/clearish substance... not like old blood, but like a brownish, clear fluid. Don't know... wish I could get some answers too. I'm also testing negative. I hope you get an answer and can help all of us.

Keep us posted and God Bless!
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Nov 3, 2008, 07:57 PM

Mocha, your original post was back in July. What was the final outcome? Did you get your next period?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy signs? [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have and still have milky substance coming out of my breast for the past week and a half, I now have "cramps" and seem to be getting my period it is brownish color and I saw a few drops when I went to the bathroom, I thought I might have been pregnant , but now I don't know

Is these signs of pregnancy? [ 5 Answers ]

I took 3 pregnancy test and all read positive. They all had 2 lines on them, but the 2nd line on the test is not as dark as the first one. The line shows up but not that dark. Does this mean I'm pregnant. I also have been feeling very sick. Like every other morning,having headeches and most of all...

Signs of pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

After having 2 children (from previous relationship) the youngest being 8 1/2 me and my partner have decided to have a child between us. I can't believe though that I seem to have forgotten everything about being pregnant and how I felt at what stage. Although my children weren't planned, I love...

A few signs of pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

So, the first day of my last period was march 16... but for the past 2 weeks I've been having waves of nausea, dizziness.. a few times I felt like I was about to faint.. slight constipation and then cramping (but that probably has to do with the constipation.) I have been on the ring for about 7...

Pregnancy signs? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you could tell me if all the signs I have are pregnancy? I keep getting hot flushes then going cold. My breast are swollen and sore thet much when I don't have a bra on its as if they are to heavy. I feel so tired and have no energy to do anything I just want to sleep. I have...

View more questions Search