Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Leave my job keep my girl
    Hey guys my girlfriend wants me to leave my job it's a great paying job but time consuming anyway its really hard because it's the only thing I am good at and I do want a life with her I know that if I keep it up I will lose her I also want to quit my job but as I take care of my mother I can't I feel very traped I have told her all this I said I want a life with u but as of now I just have too much stuff on. Love don't pay the bills sadly
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 29, 2008, 09:50 PM
    How long have you been together? If it is a short term, it doesn't make much sense to upset your job and financial situation for a girl who could be gone soon anyway.

Your mom is way more important! I commend you for taking care of her! Its hard I'm sure.
    MKAYTOR Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 10:03 PM
    If she really loves you she will understand that and be willing to compromise in ways that will make the relationship work if not then it is best to cut your losses and you will find someone worth your devotion. Bless you for taking care of your Mom
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 06:11 AM
    No girl that loves you would make you quit a career job simply because she doesn't see you enough. That's being selfish is I must say so myself
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Dating is a "tryout". Sounds like she's failing the tryout. Yeah, yeah, I know, you love her... blah blah.

Meanwhile, she wants to be first in your life. That's a red flag if ever there was one. My wife is first GIRL in my life. But when she was my girlfriend, that was all she was. Everything else was mine to decide and I would not have responded well to any girl, even one I loved, thinking she should take precedence over my career or family.

My wife gets that treatment, but that's because the "tryout" is over. Your girl sounds like she needs a wakeup call.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Wow it sounds like maybe you love her more than she loves you. If she truly loved you she would not put you in such a situtation. Family should come first, if she can't accept that then maybe she is not the one for you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 10:37 AM
    I have known girls that have made their boyfriend quit their job and then they could do nothing right.
    New job not good, pay not good, etc...
    If she is going to be unrealistic with her expectations you will never please her and she will keep adding to the heap of what she expects from you.
    She needs to grow up and compromise. At least you aren't running around cheating on her and I bet she loves the money you make. What if you can't find something else for a while and you end up having a hard time making the bill payments?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 11:28 AM
    You don't need advice, you need a new g/f. No way does she dictate your job, career, or future, and obligations. If she can't get with the program for what it is, to bad!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Yes, keep the job, lose the girl friend
    aliciag940 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Jul 30, 2008, 12:40 PM
    I agree with all of the posts above... especially if you had the job and time commitments when you two got together! This does sound like a girl that will have unrealistic expectations of you... Best of luck in whatever you choose, and kudos to you for taking care of your mom!
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Thank you all very much for your advice :) I am going to keep my job. I just hope she can understand, but if not then I guess I will find someone who is more understanding

Oh and we have been seeing each other for just over 1 year

Thanks again

Regards
    ahmetarik Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2008, 08:57 AM
    I think that you shouldn't leave your job. You can't find a good job like your's but maybe you can find better girls huh?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 06:40 PM
    I have to agree with everyone else. If you do give up the job for her, what's next? Give up your best friend, give up you family, where does it end?

On a side note, it's nice to see you back TrueFaith, you've been gone for some time. :)
    maxim_r Posts: 24, Reputation: 6

Jul 31, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Keep the job.

Good rule of thumb: Never sacrifice your life's goals for a girlfriend or any other person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Ex Will NOT Leave Me Alone! [ 15 Answers ]

Well, I was in a serious relationship for 2 1/2 years. He cheated on me, and abused me mentally. So I let him go. I mean, seriously no woman needs to be treated in ways such as these. Now, he will not leave me alone. He's getting to the point where he's scaring the hell out of me. He shows up...

I'm a girl and I like my best friend.who's a girl [ 18 Answers ]

Hi... I know there's lots of issues surrounding bisexual people and everything but I like girls and guys. I can't help it it's who I am. I have a boyfriend and everything between me and him are awesome, he gave me a promise ring and everything. But I'm attracted to my boyfriend... tia. She's...

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

Is he going to leave his girl over me? [ 6 Answers ]

I started to see this guy, when I asked him if he had a girlfriend he said yes but they are about to break up, I though nothing is going to happen so I continued to talk to him.We ended up having sex, he says he likes me but he has another girl.I tried to stop talking to him, but we work so close...

View more questions Search